Sep 11, 2012 - 12:14 PM
Welcome to the forum kemalt! If your main goal is to cover a lot of Switzerland in one week, I think this is a good itinerary. I'd spend 1 or 2 nights in each town in that case. An example, including some tips on scenic train rides:
- day 1: Tirano - St. Moritz or a nearby town (consider Samedan, Celerina or Bever)
- day 2: near St. Moritz (day trips are mentioned here
- day 3: trip to Zermatt (if you want to explore mountain regions mainly) or Montreux (if you prefer a somewhat larger town). This trip can be made by Glacier Express;
- day 4: Zermatt or Montreux;
- day 5: head for Interlaken (by the scenic Lötschberg Express from Zermatt or by Golden Pass from Montreux);
- day 6: Interlaken (day trips are listed here
), head for Lucerne;
- day 7: Lucerne.
You may like the selections of hotels near the railway stations for St. Moritz
and all other towns
Note that such a schedule is rather full. If you want to enjoy more peace and quiet, I'd skip one of the regions if I were you. St. Moritz - Lucerne - Interlaken would also be an option. But that's a matter of personal preference. You can best use the timetable
to find out about traveling times.
A rail pass would definitely be worth your money. Since you travel in October, you can use the 2 for 1 offer
. If you'll be traveling this much, I recommend to consider two 4 day Swiss Saver Passes
. This way, 8 consecutive days will be covered. An alternative is the 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass
(with 4 free travel days and discounted traveling on the remaining days).
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:35 PM by Arno