Funiculaire Moleson sur Gruyères?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2016 at 18:42:39 #809001

I’ve planned a Cheese & Chocolate day, leaving from Montreux, traveling on our own (not with the Chocolate Train). We’ll visit Gruyeres and then continue on to Broc-Fabrique. While we are in Gruyeres, I’m trying to decide whether to add a visit to Funiculaire Moleson sur Gruyeres (obviously depending on good weather that particular day).

Is it discounted with the Swiss Travel Pass? Is it worth the side trip for two adults? Or am I trying to do too much in one day?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    25 April 2016 at 14:47:42 #851180

Hi Canadarocks,

The funicular is not included or discounted with the Swiss Travel Pass. The bus to Moléson-sur-Gruyères, where it departs, is free. Personally I would not do it on the same day. You will already be visiting 3 sites: the cheese factory, chocolate factory, and the town of Gruyères. Add the traveling time and you will have a full day already. Of course you can check the timetable to see whether it would be doable for you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2016 at 14:59:39 #851181

Thank you Annika. That is what I was thinking as well.

• The thread ‘Funiculaire Moleson sur Gruyères?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.