Feedback Rail Europe purchase and another question

• helenfrank
    Participant
    9 posts
    22 July 2015 at 22:52:19 #807612

Thanks Arno for advice on purchase of Swiss Travel Pass.

I thought you (and other Australian readers) may be interested to know about my purchase experience. I purchased the passes through the Rail Europe Australian website (with promo code discount), I chatted on-line with the (very helpful) Rail Europe staff, and the passes arrived the next day (I paid a few dollars extra for courier delivery).

So .. my experience has been all good.

However, can I just check.. do we sign the passes now or when we validate ? (we will validate on the train from Munich to Lucern)..

Thanks again for any advice, regards Frank

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    23 July 2015 at 12:18:39 #844667

Hi Frank,

Thank you for letting us know all went well with your purchase. Usually Rail Europe passes need a stamp from the rail staff (see here on the Swiss Travel Pass page). You can ask for that on the train to Switzerland, before you reach the border. That’s the time to fill out any blank fields on the pass. Make sure you carry your ID while traveling.

Enjoy your European trips!

helenfrank
    Participant
    9 posts
    23 July 2015 at 19:44:25 #844668

Yes – there is a section for an official stamp – and the date and passport details have to be added by hand (along with a signature). We will attend to this on the train. Thanks again, Frank

• The thread ‘Feedback Rail Europe purchase and another question’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.