Giessbach Falls and lake Brienz and Thun

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 January 2017 at 18:16:46 #810547

Hi

During the month of February I will be staying in Interlaken and will be doing two boat cruises from there (Thun and Brienz). Is there a way of getting to the top of the Giessbach Falls and down again to carry on the Lake Brienz cruise?

Thanks

Les

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 January 2017 at 8:56:41 #857936

Hi Sirles,

In the winter there is no boat service or very limited on either lake.

These boat trips run April to October only. The hike to the Falls a this time of year would be somewhat difficult as well (and they may not be running).

Take a look on our pages for links to timetables to do a search as well. I found no availability for ships in February. When they are running you can get off at Giessbach and visit the falls before continuing on.

Lake Brienz
    Lake Thun

Regards,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 January 2017 at 16:23:56 #857937

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately I can not locate a winter schedule for the boat trip along Lake Thun. I have used the link you have gave me but it will only give information about Swiss Rail Pass.

Is there any other way?

Thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 January 2017 at 17:05:41 #857938

Hi Sirles,

If you click on the Lake Thun page I have above you will find the link on the bottom right of the webpage under “more on other websites” clicking that will bring up the schedule PDF.

Cheers,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 January 2017 at 0:08:58 #857939

Thanks Lucas, I have found it and have noted the times of the cruise.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Les

• The thread ‘Giessbach Falls and lake Brienz and Thun’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.