GEN -Interlaken -PAR which pass to get with kids?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2015 at 8:27:54 #807063

I am traveling with my 2 children ages 11 and 13. We fly into Geneva on 24 June and want to travel to Interlaken West by rail. Then on 4 July from Interlaken West to Paris. I don’t know if I should buy point-to-point tickets or get the family pass with the “3 days” of travel option.

When I tried to buy through this website the reservation for the train to Paris was not included in the ticket. I’m not sure how to get the reservation. Can anyone please advise. I have read this website but find it confusing.

Thank you so much.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    10 April 2015 at 10:12:57 #842396

Hi shellyf,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! I suppose you are referring to the 3-day Swiss Travel Pass Flex Combi, right? For the children, you will receive a free Swiss Family Card so they will travel along for free everywhere you go (within Switzerland).

Just buying point to point tickets will be too expensive as I assume you will be traveling by cable cars/cogwheel trains during your stay. You need a rail pass to get a discount on those. Whether the Swiss Travel Pass Flex is the best option depends on your exact travel plans; day trips included. For most people, a Swiss Travel Pass (so not the Flex variant) or a Swiss Half Fare Card works best. But there are passes for just the region as well. They’re all explained on our website.

A Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Travel Pass Flex includes a free train ride to Basel, at the border. So you don’t need a ticket for that leg. You only need one for Basel to Paris. Details can be found here. I am not sure which website you meant when you wrote “when I tried to buy through this website”. We don’t sell tickets, but the websites listed here do.

As you live in Thailand you can get your pass and ticket from the same local website:

• The thread ‘GEN -Interlaken -PAR which pass to get with kids?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.