Rail pass Geneva Airport – Wengen – Geneva Airport

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 November 2015 at 21:24:23 #808161

Hello all

I am travelling with my Wife and two kids (age 15 and 17) from the UK to spend Christmas in Wengen this year. We arrive at Geneva Airport around 09:00 on 22 December and need to leave Wengen for Geneva Airport around mid-day on 27 December.

I have used Swissrail in the past however this has been when I was travelling with work so have just turned up at a station and purchased a ticket without too much concern of cost.

I am looking for some advise as to which are the best tickets to purchase in advance of our trip this Christmas. From the online research I have done I am thinking the Swiss transfer Ticket is the one to get? As it is a special trip for many reasons I would like to purchase 1st Class tickets, we may Ski for one day when in Wengen so don’t really need a fully integrated ski lift pass. We will be staying in Wengen for the whole duration of our stay.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Michael

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    1 December 2015 at 9:39:54 #847120

Hi Michael, welcome to our website,

It’s indeed the Swiss Transfer Ticket that makes sense here. It’s cheaper than regular tickets, and the 15 year old travels along for free with the Swiss Family Card. So you need three Swiss Transfer Tickets and one free Swiss Family Card.

If you are planning to take trains and cable cars (other than ski lifts) for local sightseeing, the Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi is an alternative that also offers a 50% discount on those trips, apart from the inbound and outbound trip.

In the UK you can buy through http://www.swisstravelsystem. co.uk. Further details can be found on myswissalps.com/ swisstransferticket.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 December 2015 at 17:38:53 #847121

Hello Arno

Thank you very much for your prompt response. Can I just ask that if i purchase the Swiss Transfer ticket that I do not need to specify the Train i will be using for example i can use the first available Train from Geneva Airport to Bern and so on all the way to Wengen?

Best regards

Michael

Arno
    15471 posts
    1 December 2015 at 17:55:08 #847122

Hi Michael,

Absolutely, you don’t need to book specific trains. Just hop on the first one that’s convenient to you.

• The thread ‘Rail pass Geneva Airport – Wengen – Geneva Airport’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.