Day trip Geneva to Gruyeres

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 July 2016 at 18:51:50 #809742

Hi. We are planning a trip to Gruyeres from Geneva and hope to visit the chocolate factory, cheese factory and castle. I know it will be a big day but just wondering. If the factory’s are out of town or close by. Thanks for your feedback. Jacquie

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    22 July 2016 at 19:12:35 #854479

Hi Jacquie,

It’s indeed quite a long trip from Geneva, but it can be done. The train stops of Gruyères (cheese factory) and Broc-Fabrique (chocolate factory) are right next to the factories. The medieval town and castle are about 15 minutes on foot from Gruyères. Just follow the signs.

Have a wonderful day!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 July 2016 at 20:30:46 #854480

Hi Annika, thankyou for your prompt reply. We’ve decided to leave quite early so we can do the morning tour at the cheese factory and then decide if we do the castle and the chocolate factory or just the castle and old city. Did you say the cheese factory and chocolate factory are next to each other? I thought the chocolate factory was is in Broc?

I really appreciate the feedback, this forum has been very useful.

Regards, Jacquie

Arno
    15471 posts
    23 July 2016 at 14:49:35 #854481

Hi Jacquie,

No, you need to travel to two different train stops for the cheese factory and the chocolate factory. Annika mentioned these stops in her post.

I hope you had a wonderful day!

mistybabu
    Participant
    28 posts
    23 July 2016 at 15:07:03 #854482

Hi Jacquie!

We did a similar trip last year in july from lausanne. We took a train at lausanne station at 8:42am to Broc Fabrique via Romont & Bulle. After the visit to Maison du Cailler chocolate factory, took a train to Gruyere Station at 12.36pm. After visiting the Maison du Gruyeres Cheese factory, we took a bus from Gruyeres Gare to Gruyeres Ville. Loved the little village with lots of eateries and the castle. There’s also a museum up there. We walked back to the station and took the train to Montreux via Montbovan to see the Chillon castle and back to lausanne by steam ship. Fully packed with activities but we thoroughly enjoyed. The train rides were very scenic offering splendid views and the ferry ride back was very relaxing overlooking the green vineyard slopes after the long day!!

Enjoy your trip,

Regards.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    23 July 2016 at 21:52:32 #854483

Hi jacquie –

<<“Did you say the cheese factory and chocolate factory are next to each other? I thought the chocolate factory was is in Broc?”>>

No, she said that in each town (different towns) the attraction is close to the train station in that town.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Day trip Geneva to Gruyeres’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.