Geneva – Zermatt return (2 night stay)

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 September 2011 at 23:12:05 #804702

Hi All,

I’m having great difficulty trying to find the right rail pass for us. We arrive at Geneva Airport Oct 15 and need to get to Zermatt for a 2 night stay and return to Geneva Airport Oct 17.

I think the swiss transfer ticket appears to be the most appropriate from what I can see but I’m no expert. We are leaving home (Australia) in only 3 days and so we cannot have the ticket posted. I’m under the impression swiss travel isn’t very cheap, $270 return for 2 pax is more than any flight or train I’ve booked throughout the rest of Europe.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated…I’m so sick of google 😉 We are hoping it’s snowing a bit there too – fingers x

Cheers

Janine

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    18 September 2011 at 6:09:39 #834214

Hello Janine, and welcome to the forum. A normal return ticket Geneva Airport – Zermatt would cost about CHF 190.00 per person. The Swiss Transfer Ticket would indeed be cheaper, but it’s not for sale in Switzerland and can only be ordered online in advance. Since that’s not an option, you should consider the Swiss Card instead. This is still cheaper than a regular return ticket and offers a 50% discount on trips made from Zermatt as well. Details and purchase options are listed at the Swiss Card page.

I hope this helps you decide! Best regards,

• The thread ‘Geneva – Zermatt return (2 night stay)’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.