• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 April 2017 at 9:07:09 #811486

hello I am a student in Germany. We are planning a trip to Interlaken

Zurich covering the Alps in September and we are planning it for 3-4

days covering the Austria–Switzerland border.What are the best options

available?

I have seen the cost price and they are too high as a student. Can someone suggest me some cheap ideas?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 April 2017 at 14:18:45 #861903

Hi Reema1503 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, unfortunately Switzerland is quite expensive to visit. There isn’t a lot that can be done about it. You can look for budget hotels or hostels as well as buy food at grocery stores to help keep some of the costs down.

If you are looking for ideas for mountain excursions have a look through our recommended sites here. For things to do in the Interlaken area click here and for Zurich click here.

I hope this helps you get started on your trip planning! Let us know if you have further questions/concerns.

Lucas

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    22 April 2017 at 1:02:14 #861904

<<“hello I am a student in Germany. We are planning a trip to Interlaken Zurich covering the Alps in September and we are planning it for 3-4 days covering the Austria–Switzerland border.What are the best options available?”>>

Hi Reema –

It is not clear to me what that means.

Neither Zürich ( please note the umlaut) nor Interlaken are near the Swiss-Austrian border.

If you go to Interlaken and Zürich, you will have trouble visiting along the length of the Swiss-Austrian border in 3-4 days.

You might get to Martinsbruck and return in two days. Most of the rest of the Swiss-Austrian border is in remote mountain regions accessible by foot-trail or, sometimes, by public transport.

Could you please help us to help you by expanding on and clarifying your objectives?

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2017 at 7:30:48 #861905

Ya I mean in two-four days what all I can plan ? I want to cover the bernine express and then was planning to go to Vienna. Is it possible??

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    22 April 2017 at 8:18:34 #861906

Hi Reema-

Perhaps this will help:

http://www.myswissalps.com/be rninaexpress

And –

http://www.myswissalps.com/pl antrip/doityourself

The timetable will help you understand how long possible trips take and how frequently the trains,buses, etc. operate. You can then see how long it would take to get from Berlin to any point in Switzerland, for example.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2017 at 8:53:14 #861907

thanks a ton

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2017 at 8:54:25 #861908

but like is there some interconnections between austria and swiss?

Annika
    7124 posts
    22 April 2017 at 11:25:00 #861909

Hi Reema1503,

I’m not sure if I understand your question. If you’re asking about rail journeys between Austria and Switzerland (the country’s name is not “Swiss” by the way ;-)), the pages below will help:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2017 at 11:37:51 #861910

thanks. i was looking exactly for this

• The thread ‘Germany to Switzerland and Austria Alps – planning’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.