Germany to Switzerland and Austria Alps - planning

Germany to Switzerland and Austria Alps - planning

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Reema1503
Reema1503
6 posts
Apr 21, 2017 - 9:07 AM

hello I am a student in Germany. We are planning a trip to Interlaken

Zurich covering the Alps in September and we are planning it for 3-4

days covering the Austria–Switzerland border.What are the best options

available?

I have seen the cost price and they are too high as a student. Can someone suggest me some cheap ideas?

Lucas
Lucas
1093 posts
top member &
Apr 21, 2017 - 2:18 PM in reply to Reema1503

Hi Reema1503 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, unfortunately Switzerland is quite expensive to visit. There isn't a lot that can be done about it. You can look for budget hotels or hostels as well as buy food at grocery stores to help keep some of the costs down.

If you are looking for ideas for mountain excursions have a look through our recommended sites here. For things to do in the Interlaken area click here and for Zurich click here.

I hope this helps you get started on your trip planning! Let us know if you have further questions/concerns.

Lucas

Last modified on Apr 21, 2017 - 2:19 PM by Lucas
Slowpoke
Slowpoke
3050 posts
expert
Apr 22, 2017 - 1:02 AM in reply to Reema1503

<<"hello I am a student in Germany. We are planning a trip to Interlaken Zurich covering the Alps in September and we are planning it for 3-4 days covering the Austria–Switzerland border.What are the best options available?">>

Hi Reema -

It is not clear to me what that means.

Neither Zürich ( please note the umlaut) nor Interlaken are near the Swiss-Austrian border.

If you go to Interlaken and Zürich, you will have trouble visiting along the length of the Swiss-Austrian border in 3-4 days.

You might get to Martinsbruck and return in two days. Most of the rest of the Swiss-Austrian border is in remote mountain regions accessible by foot-trail or, sometimes, by public transport.

Could you please help us to help you by expanding on and clarifying your objectives?

Slowpoke

Reema1503
Reema1503
6 posts
Apr 22, 2017 - 7:30 AM in reply to Slowpoke

Ya I mean in two-four days what all I can plan ? I want to cover the bernine express and then was planning to go to Vienna. Is it possible??

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
3050 posts
expert
Apr 22, 2017 - 8:18 AM in reply to Reema1503

Hi Reema-

Perhaps this will help:

www.myswissalps.com/be rninaexpress

And -

www.myswissalps.com/pl antrip/doityourself

The timetable will help you understand how long possible trips take and how frequently the trains,buses, etc. operate. You can then see how long it would take to get from Berlin to any point in Switzerland, for example.

www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Slowpoke

Reema1503
Reema1503
6 posts
Apr 22, 2017 - 8:53 AM in reply to Slowpoke

thanks a ton

Reema1503
Reema1503
6 posts
Apr 22, 2017 - 8:54 AM in reply to Slowpoke

but like is there some interconnections between austria and swiss?

Annika
Annika
4653 posts
expert &
Apr 22, 2017 - 11:25 AM

Hi Reema1503,

I'm not sure if I understand your question. If you're asking about rail journeys between Austria and Switzerland (the country's name is not "Swiss" by the way ;-)), the pages below will help:

Reema1503
Reema1503
6 posts
Apr 22, 2017 - 11:37 AM

thanks. i was looking exactly for this

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017