Getting from Zurich to Murren.

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 January 2012 at 4:30:15 #804866

Gruezi,

I am from Australia and plan to travel with a friend from Zurich to Murren and back in September 2012.

We plan to travel :

Zurich – Murren day 1
    Murren – Schilthorn – Murren day 2
    Murren – Zurich day 3.

Can you please tell me what is the cheapest option, I have spent hours looking at all the options and I am still not sure. Thank you!

Paulo

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    29 January 2012 at 14:34:28 #834717

Hi Paulo, and welcome to the forum! If you don’t plan any further trips by public transport than the ones you listed, you’re best off with a Swiss Transfer Ticket. This fully covers your trip Zurich-Mürren and back. You’ll have to buy an additional regular return ticket for Mürren-Schilthorn. This option saves you about CHF 25.00 per person compared to buying regular tickets for all trips. Details and purchase options can be found at the Swiss Transfer Ticket page.

Does that help you out? Best regads,

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 February 2012 at 14:49:48 #834718

Hi Annika, thanks for your help, I will follow your advice.
    Regards,
    Paulo

• The thread ‘Getting from Zurich to Murren.’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.