Getting the best deal of 4D3N travel pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 October 2015 at 10:13:30 #808077

Hiya! My family and I plan to visit Switzerland on the 8th Nov until 11th Nov. I am not sure if my plan is doable or is there any better suggestion on sight-seeing places that are worth to explore? Please advise.

Day 1: Landed in Zurich on 1030am. Might be taking trains from Zurich airport to Obere Dorfstrasse (place of stay).

Day 2: Visit Mt Rigi (take the train from Zurich to Arth-Goldau (Lugano-Chiasso train), the cogwheel train up to Mt. Rigi, the cogwheel train up to Mt. Rigi and the other side down to Vitznau and from there the boat to Lucerne) From Lucerne, moving back to Obere Dorfstrasse.

Day 3: Plan to discover Zurich city in a day.

Day 4: Leaving Zurich at 0930.

Another question is that, what travel pass will you suggest us to purchase? I appreciate all kind of opinions and suggestions as my plan is still quite flexible at this point of time (except than the lodging has been confirmed). Thanks in advance.

Kind regards – Jac

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 October 2015 at 10:36:25 #846760

Hi Jac,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! At first glace I would say a Swiss Half Fare Card may fit your plans, but I am not sure about where you stay. Obere Dorfstrasse is just a street name. Which town is it?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 October 2015 at 15:29:53 #846761

Dear Arno

Thanks for your prompt reply. Sorry that I missed that out. I suppose it should be located in Aargau. The exact location will be Obere Dorfstrasse, Rudolstetten, Aargau, Switzerland. It probably takes an hour from Swiss airport to that location. Lovely, will then look into that travel pass. Cheers!

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 October 2015 at 15:54:43 #846762

Hi Jac,

I suppose it’s Rudolfstetten, not Rudolstetten, right? If so, then it’s a village a bit west of Zurich. In that case, you will mainly be traveling short distances, with the trip to Mount Rigi being the longest. I think you need to choose between the Swiss Half Fare Card and local passes combined with non-discounted tickets (for whatever is not covered by these local passes). Local passes can be found on http://www.zvv.ch. This page might be helpful if you’re interested in the cheapest option.

• The thread ‘Getting the best deal of 4D3N travel pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.