Getting to Zermatt from Zurich Airport

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 March 2014 at 9:44:28 #806256

We are 2 adults, a 16 yr old and an 11 yr old landing in Zermatt and going for a 5 day ski holiday in Zermatt April 5, returning to the airport on April 10.

Do I buy the swiss transfer ticket for 139chf each for the adults and a Family ticket for my 11 year old? Is it a round trip fare?

Is the 16 year old an adult or is there a discount (he was born 11/1997)?

Do I pick the tickets up in the airport and do I need to make a reservation or just show up with the tickets?

Can we combine with Lift tickets for skiing or is that separate?

Thank you in advance and any other advice is more than welcome!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    18 March 2014 at 13:30:21 #839584

Hello lecohen,

You would need 3 Swiss Transfer Tickets plus a free Swiss Family Card for the 11 year old. The 16 year old indeed counts as an adult. The ticket includes a round trip. You do not need seat reservations. Just buy the Swiss Transfer Tickets online and board any train. Purchase options are listed here. Depending on where you buy, pickup at the airport will be offered or not, but delivery to your home address is usually most convenient. You can buy a separate pass in Zermatt for the ski lifts. This topic may be of interest as well.

Hotels in Zermatt are listed here.

Does this help?

• The thread ‘Getting to Zermatt from Zurich Airport’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.