12 August 2010 at 11:37:38 #803955

8 nov interlaken
    9nov junfraujoch
    10 nov glacier 3000/zermatt — back to interlaken
    11 nov luzern
    12 nov mt.pilatus
    13nov mt .titlis
    14 nov zurich
    my itenary is mentioned above.planning for glacier 3000 / zermatt on 10 nov. which is better in nov. how to go .what to see. what will be weather condition.
    also can you suggest changes in above mentioned itenary

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    13 August 2010 at 3:42:36 #831686

Hello Nitinzabak. It can’t be predicted what the weather will be like at any time of the year. November will probably be quite cold, especially if you visit mountain tops, so make sure that you have warm clothes. Apart from this, weather conditions can range from clear and sunny skies to clouds with rain and snow. It’s best to check weather forecasts each day, for example through the SF Meteo website.

Both Zermatt and Glacier 3000 are options. The trip to Gstaad, from which the cable car for Glacier 3000 leaves, is a bit shorter than the trip to Zermatt though, so this may be a reason to decide for Glacier 3000. On the other hand, the weather at the southern side of the Alps, where Zermatt is located, may be better than on the northern side. In that case you may decide to take a trip to Zermatt and get on one of the cable cars there. As you don’t have to make seat reservations you can maintain a flexible schedule and decide where to go on the spot. You can plan your trips in advance with the online timetable.

Please note that at the time of your visit some mountain trains and cable cars are closed down due to maintenance. This goes for the cable car to Mt. Pilatus, which is closed until November 12, but you could get up there at November 13. The cable car to Titlis is closed between November 8 and November 19, so this won’t fit into your schedule. Instead, you may enjoy a boat trip over Lake Lucerne or a city visit.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 August 2010 at 12:09:34 #831687

Thanks annika for tips. i will be going to zermatt after much of research.
    can u suggest me where to go in zermatt. what to see . which is must visit place.
    can you give me detail itenary. i will be leaving from interlaken at 8.00 am

Annika
    7116 posts
    15 August 2010 at 7:31:44 #831688

Hi nitinzabak. If I were to choose one of the viewing points around Zermatt, that would be the Gornergrat. The cog train ride up there is spectacular, and so are the views of the Matterhorn and the surrounding mountains. You can plan your trip from Interlaken to Gornergrat by filling out ‘Interlaken Ost’ as your departure station and ‘Gornergrat’ as your destination in the timetable I mentioned. The timetable will show all possible connections, including the stations where a change of trains is required, platform numbers, and so on.

You may also want to take a look at http://www.myswissalps.com/zermatt to gather some more information for your visit.

• The thread ‘Glacier 3000 or zermatt day trip 10 nov’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.