Glacier-Bernina-Gotthard Panorama Express loop

• rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    6 February 2017 at 22:55:56 #810746

Hi Folks,

I am planning to travel on the Glacier Express, Bernina Express and Gotthard Panorama Express lin late May.

I plan to travel from Frankfurt to Brig where I will stay overnight and pick up the Glacier Express the following day.

As I correct in my understanding that I can join the Glacier Express at Brig rather than Zermatt?

I will take the Bernina Express to Tirano and then on via bus to Lugano.

Is it better to leave the Glacier Express at Chur and take the Bernina Express from there or is it better to take the Glacier Express through to St.Moritz and take Bernina from there? What are the pros and cons of both options?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 February 2017 at 9:15:12 #858722

Hi rockoyster and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, you can pick up the Glacier Express in Brig. Take a look at our in-depth Glacier Express information page here.

The Chur to Tirano route on the Bernina Express is the ‘classic routing’ and I unfortunately haven’t gone through to St. Moritz to comment…perhaps another member has.

Our Bernina Express page may be useful for you for comparison. Also visit our Gotthard Panorama Express page for more details on this trip if required. 🙂

Cheers,
    Lucas

• The thread ‘Glacier-Bernina-Gotthard Panorama Express loop’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.