Where to get the Glacier Canyon Grindelwald ticket

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2017 at 3:35:51 #811878

I plan to go Glacier Canyon at Grindelwald which seems is an interesting place. But I am quite confuse if I do need to go with Grindelwald Sports to buy the ticket or I can go by myself to take bus and just get off Gletscherschlucht and start the hiking. Is this Glacier Canyon need an entrance ticket ?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2017 at 8:27:52 #863550

Hi Pekkle,

Yes, there is a 19chf entrance fee to the canyon (I know, a bit high) but I guess it pays for the bridges and general upkeep and everything is pricey here 🙂

You can bus or walk there (about 35 minutes) from Grindelwald train station and pay the fee at the entrance.

Lucas

AlanPrice
    Participant
    279 posts
    19 May 2017 at 12:25:56 #863551

Hi,

There is also a small museum with a display of old caving equipment and some beautiful crystals that were found in the area. Crystal hunting is one of the reasons the alps were explored in the first place.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2017 at 2:33:11 #863552

Hi all,

Many thanks for advice. How long does it take for the round trip walk in Glacier Canyon ?

Arno
    15484 posts
    20 May 2017 at 12:44:12 #863553

If I remember correctly it takes about an hour.

• The thread ‘Where to get the Glacier Canyon Grindelwald ticket’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.