Will we see snow from the Glacier Express in July?

• rajultandon
    Participant
    4 posts
    18 June 2017 at 10:10:42 #812312

We are planing to travel in July this year and wish to travel by Glacier Express. Our concern is whether in this period we shall able to see the snow view and other natural beauty by the Glacier Express since July is a warm season. We may not able to spare more time for this beautiful route will appreciate if some one suggest the best route of the journey by this train to see interesting views.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    18 June 2017 at 15:48:59 #865345

Welcome to MySwissAlps, rajultandon!

July to September are the months with the least amount of snow on the mountains. You’ll see some snow-capped tops from a distance from the Glacier Express train though, plus very diverse and beautiful other landscapes. The entire route is described here: myswissalps.com/glacie rexpress/gettingthere. In case you don’t have time to travel the entire route, you can pick any of the legs that appeas to you most. Please refer to “Don’t have time do the full route” on myswissalps.com/glacie rexpress as well.

rajultandon
    Participant
    4 posts
    19 June 2017 at 4:53:25 #865346

Thanks Annika!

Appreciate your quick reply. I am sure this will help us.

Regards

Rajul Tandon

rajultandon
    Participant
    4 posts
    19 June 2017 at 11:08:02 #865347

I came to know that 1 August is a Swiss National Day and that evening a fireworks celebration is always planned at Rhine falls. I want yo know the status and is that really interesting to see?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2017 at 11:54:29 #865348

Hi Rajul,

I haven’t been to the the RheinFall for the fireworks but you can read more about them here.
    Most large towns/cities will put on a fireworks show as well (although it is July 31 at the RheinFall).

Lucas

rajultandon
    Participant
    4 posts
    20 June 2017 at 5:56:30 #865349

Thanks Lucas. Appreciate your quick reply. It will be quite interesting to see the Fireworks at Rheine falls.

• The thread ‘Will we see snow from the Glacier Express in July?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.