Glacier Express and Bernina express train tickets

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 February 2015 at 10:06:43 #806893

Hello…. A friend and I are planning to travel to Switzerland. We are interested in doing the Glacier Express and the Bernina Express. I read on Swiss travel sites that there is a combination tour offer but it looks limited on the number of nights/days if we want to stay longer in one particular city. Lets say, if we want to do the Glacier Express first starting in Geneva then to Zermatt and going to Matterhorn then St Moritz (2 nights each site perhaps). After Glacier Express, we want to do the Bernina Express with stops along the way….We plan to fly out either Zurich or Milano. … what would be my best bet for tickets? The Glacier /Bernina Express combination? or the 15-day flex pass? If I buy a 15-day flex pass, do I need to buy a separate ticket for a) Glacier Express ? or b) Bernina Express?

Thanks in advance..

Don

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 February 2015 at 14:29:49 #841765

Hi Don,

Those two scenic trains are wonderful! You can take a look at railbookers.com/classic-glacier-and-bernina-express. This is a package combining the Glacier Express and Bernina Express, but the good thing about Railbookers is that they can customize the package for you. So you can stay longer in towns along the way and your point of entry/departure can be different too. Just have a look and if you like the basics you can click the “Send a request” link at the top right of their page. They will get back to you with a proposal.

If this is not what you like you can have a completely customized trip, not based on a package, through Magic Switzerland by filling out a request here.

Finally, if you book this yourself, you indeed need a pass. Which one depends on the details of your trip: how long do you stay in total, which day trips/cable car trips do you plan to make? Once you have listed that you can do the math. All about the Swiss Travel Pass Flex can be found here.

I hope this gets you started!

• The thread ‘Glacier Express and Bernina express train tickets’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.