Glacier and Bernina Express section 4a overlap

• Wallaby_Bob
    Participant
    65 posts
    14 May 2017 at 1:14:19 #811814

Hello All,

I intend to travel the Bernina Express from Tarino and then link up with the Glacier Express and travel to Zermatt the following day. I notice that section 4a of the GE overlaps. Do I travel all the way to Chur or stop overnight at St Moritz, picking up the GE next day.

Regards Wallabybob

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2017 at 6:25:41 #863268

Hi Wallaby Bob,

>> I intend to travel the Bernina Express from Tarino and then link up with the Glacier Express and travel to Zermatt the following day. I notice that section 4a of the GE overlaps. Do I travel all the way to Chur or stop overnight at St Moritz, picking up the GE next day.

If you were planning to spend a day or two between your Bernina Express and Glacier Express journeys, I would definitely recommend staying in St Moritz, as it is a much more picturesque town with some great mountain visit opportunities.

However, if you are only staying the one night, personally I think Chur is a better option, as it will break up the journey into more even sectors. Accommodation may also be less expensive there.

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Glacier and Bernina Express section 4a overlap’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.