Glacier Express Brig – Chur with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2016 at 19:21:22 #808994

Hi,

I have Swiss Travel Pass in first class for 8 days. I wanted to know is Glacier express from Brig to Chur would be free on this pass.

i just read that it is the most beautiful train hence, thought of taking this and then going fromChur to Lipuzern , rather than directly from InterlKen to Luzern.

Is it a right decision. I wanted to do Willhelm Tell Express on one day out of 4 days in Luzern. However, I am unable to taken the reservation, I am Worried is it that all trains are booked. I am trying for anyway between 10th to 13th June.

thanks fr all your help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 April 2016 at 5:46:24 #851157

Hi Saumya12,

The Glacier Express is free, just like all other trains. Please see the map. You do need seat reservations for this train.

The Wilhelm Tell Express can’t be booked online at the moment. I don’t know why that is, but you’ll have to book it in Switzerland if they don’t solve that before you travel. But you don’t have to book it at all, it’s just an option if you want the tourist package. You can board the same boat and train without reservations. Please see myswissalps.com/ wilhelmtellexpress.

• The thread ‘Glacier Express Brig – Chur with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.