Glacier Express vs Golden Pass train

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 July 2016 at 12:41:42 #809729

I plan to visist Switzerland from 10th Oct. till 15 th Oct, 2016.

I have plans to board on Golden pass tarin from Montreux to Interlaken.

I wanted some suggestions if I should ablso travel by Glacier express. If I plan to I might take route from Chur to Brig or Brig to Zermatt.

Is it worth to tarvel in Glacier express for the above route in view of scenery or will Golden pass give that experience.

I am 1st time visistor to switzerland and need to know your thoughts on Glacier express vs Golden pass, to avail both or should go only with Golden pass.

Thanks in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    21 July 2016 at 6:08:28 #854427

Hi nbhalgat,

The Golden Pass and the Glacier Express are quite different, but both very scenic. You’d best compare for yourself using the pages I just linked to. Whether or not it makes sense to do the Glacier Express too depends on your itinerary. From your previous topic I infer you’ll be staying in the Lucerne region. The Glacier Express would be quite far off in that case, although you could do part of it as a day trip. Please see “Don’t have time to do the full route?” at http://www.myswissalps.com/gl acierexpress for tips.

michalboner
    Participant
    3 posts
    22 July 2016 at 9:38:34 #854428

Hello, I am about to do both trains at the begining og August, so be in touch and I will be able to tell you.

Arno
    15483 posts
    22 July 2016 at 13:23:39 #854429

Welcome to MySwissAlps michalboner!

Enjoy the train rides! You can post a trip report here if you want. I’m looking forward to it.

• The thread ‘Glacier Express vs Golden Pass train’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.