Glacier Express vs Golden Pass train

Glacier Express vs Golden Pass train

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
nbhalgat
nbhalgat
3 posts
Jul 20, 2016 - 12:41 PM

I plan to visist Switzerland from 10th Oct. till 15 th Oct, 2016.

I have plans to board on Golden pass tarin from Montreux to Interlaken.

I wanted some suggestions if I should ablso travel by Glacier express. If I plan to I might take route from Chur to Brig or Brig to Zermatt.

Is it worth to tarvel in Glacier express for the above route in view of scenery or will Golden pass give that experience.

I am 1st time visistor to switzerland and need to know your thoughts on Glacier express vs Golden pass, to avail both or should go only with Golden pass.

Thanks in advance.

Annika
Annika
4415 posts
expert &
Jul 21, 2016 - 6:08 AM

Hi nbhalgat,

The Golden Pass and the Glacier Express are quite different, but both very scenic. You'd best compare for yourself using the pages I just linked to. Whether or not it makes sense to do the Glacier Express too depends on your itinerary. From your previous topic I infer you'll be staying in the Lucerne region. The Glacier Express would be quite far off in that case, although you could do part of it as a day trip. Please see "Don't have time to do the full route?" at www.myswissalps.com/gl acierexpress for tips.

michalboner
michalboner
1 post
Jul 22, 2016 - 9:38 AM in reply to nbhalgat

Hello, I am about to do both trains at the begining og August, so be in touch and I will be able to tell you.

Arno
Arno
7696 posts
expert &
Jul 22, 2016 - 1:23 PM in reply to michalboner

Welcome to MySwissAlps michalboner!

Enjoy the train rides! You can post a trip report here if you want. I'm looking forward to it.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016