Glacier3000, Jungfrau, Mt Titlis … ???

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2011 at 8:40:55 #804227

I will be travelling Europe in the coming August, with a group of 20 people.
    One of our destination is Switzerland and we have to choice only ONE place either Glacier 3000, Jungfraujoch, or Mt Titlis.

What do you suggest the best place among that 3 ? Our aims are :
    – Visit the place in where the are still have snow (we are from tropical country)
    – Can play around with snow, not skiing.

I went to Jungfraujoch last year, with my wife, but was unable to get out to the snow, we just see from window only. I didn’t know why. I visited early July 2010 and the weather is good, no thunderstorm even not windy.
    So, I was so regret about it.

Since our next trip will go with a group, so I don’t want to miss the snow again.

I have serached and visited the website of Mt Titlis and Glacier 3000.
    It seems that the Glacier is more interesting than Titlis, is that right ?
    One of my friend told me that Titlis is more easy to go there comparing with Glacier 3000. Is that right ?

Do you have any information hotels in Glacier 3000 ? I need hotel with 3* or less.
    Thank you for your advise.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    19 April 2011 at 15:17:13 #832596

Hi wartono, and welcome! The Jungfraujoch definitely offers the best chances of snow in August, as both Glacier 3000 and Mt. Titlis are at lower altitude. I can understand the disappointment about your last visit to the Jungfraujoch. Do you have any idea what was going on? Normally, the Jungfraujoch is open and the snow is accessible all year long, so I can’t figure out why you were not able to get out. You could contact the Jungfrau Railways and try to find out what happened during your last trip, and to make sure that there will be no surprises when visiting next August.

It’s a bit hard to say whether Mt Titlis or Clacier 3000 is easier to reach, as that depends where you’ll be staying or where in Switzerland you’re coming from. The timetable and the Titlis and Glacier 3000 websites offer information on how to get there. There are more activities at Glacier 3000 than at Titlis. There are no hotels up at Glacier 3000, so you should search for hotels in towns at the foot of the mountain such as Gstaad, Saanen or Schönried.

A European or Swiss rail pass may be convenient for your itinerary.

• The thread ‘Glacier3000, Jungfrau, Mt Titlis … ???’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.