Golden Pass and JungFrau – Same Day

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 August 2012 at 20:42:03 #805571

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading on this forum for a few days.. Its very helpful. I had a question of my own, so thought I would post.

During my trip in Switzerland, I am trying to fit in the Golden Pass train and Jungfrau. Is it possible to do them on the same day or will it be too hectic?

Example:
    – Starting out in Montreux on Golden Pass at ~6/7am.
    – At Interlaken, taking train to Jungfraujoch via Wengen.
    – Coming back to Interlaken via Grindelwald.
    – Continuing on a later Golden Pass train to Lucerne.

Questions:
    1) Do you think this is too much for one day? (Should I plan a stay in Interlaken or Grindlewald?)
    2) How long does the Golden Pass Train stop for at each place? Is there time to go around and see, since its a tourist train..
    3) On the Golden Pass train in between Montreux and Interlaken, is it worth to skip train and take next one at some stops?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    27 August 2012 at 4:09:36 #837034

Hi harry131! Combining the Golden Pass trip and the Jungfraujoch in one day is doable (you can find traveling times in the timetable), but I would prefer to plan an overnight stay in or near Interlaken. That’s because a Jungfraujoch visit isn’t worth your time and money if weather is not good. With an extra day in this region, you’ll increase your chances as you can choose to make the trip either right after your arrival in Interlaken or the next day. In many cases, an early morning visit offers the best chances of clear weather, but there are no guarantees. Just keep an eye on weather forecasts and decide shortly before what to do.

The Golden Pass only has short stops. If you want to visit a town, you’ll have to get off and take the next train or stay overnight. Gstaad and Zweisimmen would be worth a stop, but that really depends on your further plans. An ongoing train trip is great as well and allows you to spend more time in and near Lucerne, which is wonderful too.

• The thread ‘Golden Pass and JungFrau – Same Day’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.