Golden Pass Express Prestige to Montreux

• Lyn_T
    Participant
    7 posts
    23 March 2023 at 17:38:36 #829386

Hello.

Can somebody advise about the Golden Pass Express Prestige? We are planning to do the Golden Pass Panoramic route journey in early July from Interlaken to Zweisimmen and then the Golden Pass Express Prestige on the same day going to Montreux. My question is, if we are taking the Interlaken to Zweisimmen journey and the train arrives at 12:20 in Zweisimmen, will we have enough time to catch the Golden Pass Express Prestige which leaves at 12:30? Is that advisable or should we just take the the panoramic train from Interlaken at 9:08 and arrives in Zweisimmen at 10:20? Thanks in advance.

Lyn

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 March 2023 at 22:15:57 #952447

The new through train has hit problems. The connection between narrow gauge Montreux trains and standard gauge Interlaken trains in Zweisimmen station takes just a few moments. The two trains have – for 100 years – been put on adjacent platforms so that everyone can switch between the two with ease.

Anna
    6376 posts
    24 March 2023 at 21:17:24 #952448

Hi Lyn,

The short transfer time should not be a problem as the platforms are located side-by-side.

You can find the latest information about the Golden Pass train here: http://www.myswissalps.com/goldenpass

Let us know if you need more info.

regards,

Anna

Lyn_T
    Participant
    7 posts
    30 March 2023 at 0:49:30 #952449

Thank you so much for your reply. Also, I have a follow-up question. In the GoldenPass Express website, I was trying to reserve a prestige class seat and I have the option to ride the Golden Pass Express Prestige class in Interlaken OST to Montreux without changing trains. I thought I read somewhere, I think on SBB app, that I need to change train in Zweisimmen. Is this a different train from Golden Pass Express? I am confused. Thanks for your patience.😊

Yolanda
    2352 posts
    30 March 2023 at 14:00:58 #952450

Hello LynT,

Due to current technical problems, you will need to change trains at Zweisimmen.

Information regarding this can be found here, please scroll to the paragraph in bold: https://www.myswissalps.com/goldenpass

If this is not solved by the time you travel in July, you will likely ride a regional train between Interlaken and Zweisimmen, and then board the GoldenPass Express to Montreux in Zweisimmen.
    It is unfortunately too soon to estimate whether all will be rectified by then 🙁

Kind regards,

Yolanda

• The thread ‘Golden Pass Express Prestige to Montreux’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.