Golden Pass Line to Montreux and back to Zurich

Golden Pass Line to Montreux and back to Zurich

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
hsshastry
hsshastry
10 posts
Jun 26, 2015 - 5:31 AM

I have a plan of undertaking Golden Pass Line journey from Lucerne to Montreux on 11th Spet.'15. Initially had planned to return back on the same day and then proceed to Zurich during late evening. Now I am planning to visit Rochers de Naye from Montreux, back to Montreux then catch a train to Zurich from there itself. I would like to know:

1. Whether Golden Pass Line trains have toilet facility?

2.Whether Golden Pass Line trains have space to store our luggage?

3. Is it possible to start from Lucerne around 0830 hrs and undertake above journey and reach Zurich before 2000 hrs?

Annika
Annika
4418 posts
expert &
Jun 26, 2015 - 10:23 AM

Welcome to MySwissAlps, hsshastry!

Yes, you will manage to do this as a day trip. You can find details and traveling times with the aid of the general timetable and the Golden Pass pdf timetable. If you leave early, you will be able to spend sufficient time on the trip up to Rochers-de-Naye. The most direct route back from Montreux to Zurich takes about 2h35, so you should leave from Montreux no later than 5 or 5h30 pm in order to arrive in Zurich in time.

Toilet and luggage facilities are available in Golden Pass trains.

hsshastry
hsshastry
10 posts
Jun 26, 2015 - 1:53 PM

Is cloakroom available at Montreux Railway station? So that I may keep my luggage there and collect back once I return from Rochers -de -Naye.

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
125 posts
Jun 27, 2015 - 4:36 AM in reply to hsshastry

There are small and large luggage lockers in Montreux station. The small ones measure 24.8 cm x 42.0 cm x 75.0 cm and cost Fr. 6.--. The large ones measure 44.7 cm x 61.5 cm x 88.0 cm and cost Fr. 9.--.

Varun
Varun
2 posts
Jun 27, 2015 - 5:26 AM

Hi

We will be travelling from Geneva to Interlaken on the 21st of July. We have a Eurail France-switzerland pass. Are the Goldenpass panoramic trains covered under this pass? If so then do we need to make reservations? Cause I read on another forum that we can hop on and off anytime.

Thanks

Varun

Last modified on Jun 27, 2015 - 5:28 AM by Varun
Arno
Arno
7727 posts
expert &
Jun 27, 2015 - 10:20 AM in reply to Varun

Hi Varun,

It's absolutely covered. Seat reservations are not required, just recommended for a few trains. All information can be found here: myswissalps.com/ goldenpass/tickets.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016