Golden Pass Line to Montreux and back to Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2015 at 5:31:51 #807457

I have a plan of undertaking Golden Pass Line journey from Lucerne to Montreux on 11th Spet.’15. Initially had planned to return back on the same day and then proceed to Zurich during late evening. Now I am planning to visit Rochers de Naye from Montreux, back to Montreux then catch a train to Zurich from there itself. I would like to know:

1. Whether Golden Pass Line trains have toilet facility?

2.Whether Golden Pass Line trains have space to store our luggage?

3. Is it possible to start from Lucerne around 0830 hrs and undertake above journey and reach Zurich before 2000 hrs?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    26 June 2015 at 10:23:42 #843994

Welcome to MySwissAlps, hsshastry!

Yes, you will manage to do this as a day trip. You can find details and traveling times with the aid of the general timetable and the Golden Pass pdf timetable. If you leave early, you will be able to spend sufficient time on the trip up to Rochers-de-Naye. The most direct route back from Montreux to Zurich takes about 2h35, so you should leave from Montreux no later than 5 or 5h30 pm in order to arrive in Zurich in time.

Toilet and luggage facilities are available in Golden Pass trains.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2015 at 13:53:22 #843995

Is cloakroom available at Montreux Railway station? So that I may keep my luggage there and collect back once I return from Rochers -de -Naye.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 June 2015 at 4:36:02 #843996

There are small and large luggage lockers in Montreux station. The small ones measure 24.8 cm x 42.0 cm x 75.0 cm and cost Fr. 6.–. The large ones measure 44.7 cm x 61.5 cm x 88.0 cm and cost Fr. 9.–.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 June 2015 at 5:26:59 #843997

Hi

We will be travelling from Geneva to Interlaken on the 21st of July. We have a Eurail France-switzerland pass. Are the Goldenpass panoramic trains covered under this pass? If so then do we need to make reservations? Cause I read on another forum that we can hop on and off anytime.

Thanks

Varun

Arno
    15471 posts
    27 June 2015 at 10:20:34 #843998

Hi Varun,

It’s absolutely covered. Seat reservations are not required, just recommended for a few trains. All information can be found here: myswissalps.com/ goldenpass/tickets.

• The thread ‘Golden Pass Line to Montreux and back to Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.