Golden Pass – buying a ticket online

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 March 2017 at 6:50:26 #860340

Hi Pekkle and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, that page is just for reservations. You can buy point to point tickets here, unless you are traveling with a rail pass of some sort?

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 March 2017 at 2:23:32 #860341

Thanks for advise. I bought a half fare card, so I book the seat first and then buy the ticket at station on that day . Seem the point to point ticket office do not offer half fare rate.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 March 2017 at 7:48:14 #860342

Hi Pekkle,

Yes, that will work just fine. You can buy the ticket at any time once you are in Switzerland at a ticket office (SBB) or a ticket machine. You don’t have to wait until just before you board the train (though you can as long as you have made the reservation).

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2017 at 2:58:38 #860343

Many thanks for your advice. Would you please recommended which side will have a better view , I intend to get on Interlaken West Station -> via Zweisimmen –> get off at Montreux.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2017 at 6:53:51 #860344

Hi Pekkle,

Have a read through our Golden Pass information page – it discusses the routes, best sides to sit on much more! It really doesn’t matter too much on this route but the right side may be slightly nicer…

Lucas

• The thread ‘Golden Pass – buying a ticket online’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.