Golden Pass line from Brienz to Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 July 2016 at 21:41:30 #809688

Arno, you had mentioned an alternative route from Murren to Lucerne taking the boat in Interlaken to Brienz and then the Golden Pass line to Lucerne. We thought that was a great suggestion; however, in referring to the Timetable, we are having difficulty determining which link is the Golden Line as it doesn’t mention the name. We tried entering Brienz to Luzerne via Meiringen. When we pulled up Meiringen, it gives about 8 different stations and we were unsure which one to enter. Could you steer us in the right direction? Also, do we need reservations on the Golden Pass line? Thanks so much!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    16 July 2016 at 8:40:14 #854211

Hi Swissann!

You don’t even have to enter Meiringen as a via-station. All trains between Brienz and Lucerne pass Meiringen, they’re all called “Luzern-Interlaken Express” and they’re all part of the Golden Pass route. If you like, you can check such details by picking on of the connections proposed by the timetable, clicking the “plus” icon at the left, and then clicking “Show intermediate stops” at the bottom of the displayed connection.

By the way, the Meiringen railway station is simply called “Meiringen”. The alternatives that come up in the timetable are bus stops.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 July 2016 at 19:53:38 #854212

Thanks so much for clarifying!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 July 2016 at 17:37:09 #854213

Hi Annika

can you let me know. I am having trouble getting rail from Interlaken to Lucerne and then Lucerne to paris. Train from lucern to paris say it stops four time.. is there better to take this from Geneva. also I am spending two days in Interlaken and two days in Lucerne. when we depart Interlaken, is there golden pass line we can take to lucern.. Is it worth getting swiss family card for 2 adult and 2 child if I am going from Geneva to Interlaken to Lucerne to paris..

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 July 2016 at 18:21:21 #854214

Welcome to MySwissAlps zdiko!

Please post your questions in a new thread. This one is not related. Thanks!

• The thread ‘Golden Pass line from Brienz to Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.