Golden pass: Price point-to-point ticket: 8 CHF?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2016 at 21:17:17 #809084

Hi – I want to book a point-to-point ticket for the Golden Pass train from Montreux to Zweisimmen and I see the price of ticket (on goldenpass.ch) as 8 CHF. Am I reading it correct? Is that the full and complete price of the journey? Or will I need to pay more at the station?

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    2 May 2016 at 21:49:23 #851519

Hi rikeshdesai, welcome!

That sounds like the price of just a seat reservation. Will you be using a rail pass? Which one?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2016 at 1:12:24 #851520

hey Arno – thanks for your warm welcome here! 🙂 and so glad for your quick reply. And you are absolutely right about the reservation thing.

I didnt buy the Swiss railpass since I am thinking only to do the Golden train journey from Montreux to Lucern (5-6 hours) and then head to Zurich and spend two days in that city.

I reach Montreux from Geneva in the morning.

I actually did a bit of digging and found what I wanted 🙂

Here it is – http://www.goldenpass.ch/asse ts/media/pdf/prix_2016 _en.pdf

Arno
    15483 posts
    3 May 2016 at 6:02:49 #851521

Hi rikeshdesai,

Glad you found it! The alternative way is to use the timetable for all of Switzerland to find prices for any train, not just the Golden Pass line. Please see myswissalps.com/ timetable for how it works. A single trip Montreux to Lucerne, via the Golden Pass line, costs CHF 75.

You don’t need seat reservations: myswissalps.com/ goldenpass/tickets.

• The thread ‘Golden pass: Price point-to-point ticket: 8 CHF?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.