Golden pass reservations

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 May 2012 at 15:26:01 #805305

Apparently the Swiss golden pass trains don’t want Australian passangers! I have tried to make a reservation but find that I can’t convert to the australian dollar for payment, and my bank won’t accept visa transactions in foreign currencies What to do?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    23 May 2012 at 11:50:27 #836237

Hi aussie! Did you try booking through the Golden Pass website? If so, you can alternatively book through one of our partners that ship to Australia: Rail Europe Australia (payment in Australian dollar) Trainticket (payment in euros), Rail Europe World (payment in euros). Regular regional trains may be mentioned here as well. If you want to travel in a special Golden Pass train, just compare the connections to the ones in the Swiss timetable. If you click the plus symbol at the left of each connection, the timetable will display ‘Goldenpass panoramic’ if a Golden Pass train is involved. You can compare train numbers too.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 May 2012 at 1:46:24 #836238

[quote]Annika said: Hi aussie! Did you try booking through the Golden Pass website? If so, you can alternatively book through one of our partners that ship to Australia: Rail Europe Australia (payment in Australian dollar) Trainticket (payment in euros), Rail Europe World (payment in euros). Regular regional trains may be mentioned here as well. If you want to travel in a special Golden Pass train, just compare the connections to the ones in the Swiss timetable. If you click the plus symbol at the left of each connection, the timetable will display ‘Goldenpass panoramic’ if a Golden Pass train is involved. You can compare train numbers too.[/quote]

Thank you for the info. I think that I can get reservations through Rail Europe Australia. They also give the cost in Swiss francs, but I presume convert to Aussie dollars. Another question. We will be coming from Lausanne on the morning of our golden pass trip to Interlaken Ost, and hope to put our luggage in the station locker for a couple of hours while we make a quick trip up to Rochers-de-nays. It will be a bit of a rush but I would really like to do it. Does the train going there leave from the main Montreux train station and is it fairly easy to find the lockers to leave our luggage? Thankyou once again..

Annika
    7121 posts
    26 May 2012 at 13:05:38 #836239

Hello aussie. Yes, the train to Rochers de Naye leaves from the main train station of Montreux, so that’s no problem. I don’t know exactly where the lockers are located, but you can download a rail station map from the SBB website to find out, or else contact the SBB. And it’s always wise to consult the timetable. That will tell you how much time you have to arrange for your luggage and get on the train to Rochers de Naye.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2012 at 2:03:50 #836240

[quote]Annika said: Hello aussie. Yes, the train to Rochers de Naye leaves from the main train station of Montreux, so that’s no problem. I don’t know exactly where the lockers are located, but you can download a rail station map from the SBB website to find out, or else contact the SBB. And it’s always wise to consult the timetable. That will tell you how much time you have to arrange for your luggage and get on the train to Rochers de Naye.[/quote]

Thanks Annika. As always, that info. was very useful.

• The thread ‘Golden pass reservations’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.