Reservations for Golden Pass train

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2017 at 4:26:22 #811201

Hi

when trying to book seats on Golden pass train the calendar only shows booking for 1 month. I need to book seat for June

also the seats are available for booking on MOB train line. Is that the same thing?

Please explain

Rika

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2017 at 10:06:45 #860563

Hi Rika,

The MOB train website will work as well (same company) – in fact that is easiest. Use the link we have for it here. You should have no problem reserving a seat for June.

Regards,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2017 at 14:44:29 #860564

Thx Lucas

once booked the seats are non refundable. so should I wait till I reach Lucerne on 5/31 and then book it or do you think it may get sold out

RIka

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2017 at 17:11:44 #860565

Hi Rika,

Yes, that train could indeed be sold out. If you want to travel on that route I would make the reservation sooner rather than later.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 March 2017 at 13:15:10 #860566

Hi Lucas

I just got your new reply today where you said that reservations are required only for Zweisimmen to Montreux. The trip Lucerne to Interlaken on one post you are saying reservetion not required and another” seats may get sold out so better to make reservation”. Am confused. Please clarify.

Rika

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 March 2017 at 14:52:22 #860567

Hi Rika,

I recommend making reservations when doing to entire Golden Pass route when people ask.

You are now just talking about the Luzern to Interlaken section that isn’t serviced by the special panoramic trains and it is has many trains running: so reservations are not needed here.

Other sections of the route, especially Zweisimmen to Montreux, have fewer trains and reservations are good to get here. 🙂

Lucas

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    29 March 2017 at 4:08:15 #860568

Hi Lucas,

Now I’m confused. You say “Luzern to Interlaken section that isn’t serviced by the special panoramic trains” but I just made a reservation for 2 in a Panorama carriage on that leg for late May at tickets.goldenpass.ch/ reservation/reservatio n/reservation/reservat ion/reservation/reserv ation/reservation/rese rvation/reservation/re servation/f

Did you mean they are just normal panoramic trains as opposed to special panoramic trains?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2017 at 10:04:41 #860569

Hi Rockoyster,

Sorry for any confusion!

The train is not quite the same as on the Montreux – Zweisimmen route but they do have larger windows :). I say they aren’t the special panoramic trains like on the other section from Zweisimmen as everyone takes this train when traveling between Interlaken Ost and Luzern. For the other sections you are on the “Golden Pass” panoramic train.

Check out the images here for a bit more clarity.
    http://www.goldenpassline.ch/ en/interlaken-ost-luzern/
    &
    http://www.goldenpassline.ch/ en/montreux-zweisimmen/

Does that make sense now? Sorry for any wording that caused confusion.

Lucas

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    29 March 2017 at 19:30:38 #860570

All clear now, thanks Lucas. 😉

• The thread ‘Reservations for Golden Pass train’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.