Golden Pass Train valid on Bernese Oberland pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 September 2011 at 15:43:47 #804687

Myself, my wife and my 1 year kid are planning to stay in Lauterbrunnen for 5 days. So we find Bernese Oberland regional pass more suitable. We are also interested in travel on Golden Pass train.
    As per the validity range for Bernese Oberland pass, on free days, travel between Gstaad and Brienz is free. However, does this validity also holds true to travel on Golden Pass Train? So, if I have Bernese oberland pass, on free days, I can also use Golden pass train for free (and at 50% on other days)?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    10 September 2011 at 7:53:37 #834169

Hi surawap! Yes, the train ride itself is for free (or 50% discounted) with the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland, but you do need to pay an additional seat reservation fee.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 September 2011 at 18:10:06 #834170

Thanks very much, that helps me to make the decision. Our 1 year kid is also travelling with us. Even if his travel with us is free of charge, is there a family card or any other card I should purchase / request for him? If yes, how to make such request? I have been through the information but I am not very clear on the concept of Family card.

Arno
    15484 posts
    10 September 2011 at 23:30:58 #834171

Hi surawap. You don’t need any ticket or pass for your 1-year old child.

• The thread ‘Golden Pass Train valid on Bernese Oberland pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.