Golden scenic route

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2015 at 5:03:17 #807228

We are arriving in Geneva and would like to travel on the Golden scenic route to Interlaken ie via Montreaux, is this possible. I know this is the reverse from Lucerne. If so would like to know how to book it and perhaps try to reserve the VIP seats as its my birthday!:)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 May 2015 at 9:48:55 #843113

Hi locke,

You can indeed travel from Geneva to Interlaken via Montreux and Zweisimmen. This is
    the Golden Pass route. You need to do so in first class in order to reserve the VIP seats in the front of the train. Please find details at myswissalps.com/ goldenpass/tickets. Also check the link under ‘More on other websites’.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 May 2015 at 14:08:11 #843114

Hi Arno,

If we take Swiss Pass eligible for second class ride only, is it possible to upgrade to VIP seats by paying a premium when taking Golden Pass route?

Thanks and Regards,

William

Arno
    15471 posts
    17 May 2015 at 15:29:11 #843115

Hi William,

With a 2nd class Swiss Travel Pass, you can upgrade to 1st class on any route. In that case you need to purchase an upgrade ticket at the rail station, which costs half of the difference ​between the 2nd and 1st class fare. For the VIP seats you need an additional seat reservation (see the link in my previous post).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 May 2015 at 15:37:23 #843116

Thanks Arno!

• The thread ‘Golden scenic route’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.