Goldenpass VIP Seats on Montreux to Zweisimmen

• SR1000
    Participant
    49 posts
    8 February 2016 at 7:42:14 #808389

I think I got this right. I attempted booking the VIP seats (front of the train) on the Montreux-Zweisimmen leg of the GoldnPass. On this page:

tickets.goldenpass.ch

It looks like only 2 trains are offering VIP tickets.

• Train No 3118 – 09:44 departure
    • Train No 2128 – 15:44 departure

Clicked on the rightmost carriage of Train No 3118 (the picture on next page shows nose of the train in the direction of travel). Selected 3 seats on the first row. It seems ok, as the reservation says VIP seats, but the numbering seems odd (Seat No 83, 85, 87 for first row) and Coach No is 11.

Did I get that right? Can someone please confirm?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    8 February 2016 at 11:53:39 #848282

Hi SR1000,

The seat numbers are indeed a bit weird but it looks fine to me. You booked 3 front row seats; I can see they’re no longer available now. You’ll have the absolute best views!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 February 2016 at 0:16:24 #848283

Hello, Arno, SR1000,

I just tried to follow the instructions, booked 2 front VIP seats, window and aisle, for 9:44 train on 11 June, entered my credit card information, clicked to book… but nothing happened. My booking has not been confirmed, I received a system error message, no confirmation in my Inbox. However, when I look at the train 3118 first two seats are indeed taken. What do I do now?

SR1000, did you get a confirmation of a sort?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 February 2016 at 1:52:02 #848284

Hello All (and especially the original poster),

I followed your link to reserve my panoramic seats and wanted to let you know that if you follow the link it behaves as if I was logged in as you. I didn’t realize it until I got to the end and saw your address etc already populated on the screen.

That maybe be the problem with Traveler, if he followed the link and did not logout as you.

You most likely want to delete or change that link as your address is out there for all who follow the link.

Ellen

SR1000
    Participant
    49 posts
    9 February 2016 at 6:01:29 #848285

Yes, you get a confirmation that you can download (PDF). Try after sometime again. If you exit the transaction or it fails the seats are temporarily blocked. They should free up again (unless someone else grabs them). It happened to me too.

SR1000
    Participant
    49 posts
    9 February 2016 at 6:03:23 #848286

Thank you EllenS. Not sure how this happened. I had posted a fresh link without login.

Arno, Annika, can you please edit my original post and replace the link with the generic one?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 February 2016 at 7:48:30 #848287

Seeing this post, I am putting a question for Arno :

On the last day of my trip (21/4/2016) : I plan to take the Golden Pass train from Luzern to Montreux and visit the Chatteau de Chillon and thenafter return back by late evening. When I tried to check the Golden Pass train availability, it only showed me the Golden pass trains for the last leg i.e. Zweisimmen to Montreux. But for the rest of the journey it only showed regular trains (https://www.myswissalps.com/timetable).

Q1. Can the entire route not be covered using Golden Pass Train ?

Q2. Is a seat reservation necessary for Golden Pass train or can I simply board using my Swiss Travel Pass (for free) ?

Q3. Is an advance booking possible for this train (entire route or part thereof) considering that I know I will be taking this journey on the 21/4/2016 ?

Arno
    15471 posts
    9 February 2016 at 8:39:15 #848288

Thanks everyone. I edited the link in the original post, so it should no work fine. Links like these tend to change every now and then. The correct link can always be found on our Golden Pass page.

Arno
    15471 posts
    9 February 2016 at 8:43:22 #848289

Hi sskundu,

Q1. An explanation of the various trains can be found on myswissalps.com/ goldenpass.

Q2. You can board for free with your pass. Please see myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ validity.

Q3. You can book seats, but you don’t have to. Booking is only required for you prefer the VIP seats discussed in this thread. Please see myswissalps.com/goldenpass/ tickets.

Have fun!

• The thread ‘Goldenpass VIP Seats on Montreux to Zweisimmen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.