Good Morning Ticket-Jungfraujoch

• julian1989
    Participant
    7 posts
    27 May 2017 at 14:56:07 #811994

Hi All,

We will be staying at Wengen 24/6/17 (Sat) to 28/617 (Wed) and intend to head to Jungfraujoch on 25/6/17-weather permitting by buying the Good Morning Ticket (we will be getting the Swiss Travel Pass)

Question 1.

As 25/6/17 is a Sunday, will the tickets be sold out?

Question 2.

Should we buy the tickets in advance? How early?

Question 3

If yes, will it be possible to buy the tickets in Zurich?

Question 4

Understand that Wengen is one of the last major station before KS, will the Good Morning train be full by the time it reaches Wengen since we want good seats

Question 5

On the way down, will it be possible to alight at Eigergletscher for the Eiger Trail and continue our train journey from Alpiglen back to Wengen? if no, do we need to purchase separate tickets?

Thanks for the help!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    27 May 2017 at 16:16:58 #864030

Hi Julian1989,

You do not need a Good Morning Ticket, that’s only for travelers without a pass. As a Swiss Travel Pass holder you will get a (slightly) better discount and no time restrictions by just buying a normal ticket.

As for your questions:

1. That depends on the weather mostly. On a beautiful day this sometimes happens.

2. You can buy them the day before, for example, or two days before if you think the weather forecast looks fine.

3. Sure, you can buy them online or at any staffed train station in Switzerland.

4. You are not restricted to one train (see above), but in any case they will make sure to get you to Kleine Scheidegg. You can’t reserve seats. You can optionally reserve seats for Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch.

5. No problem. In that case you need a ticket from Wengen to Jungfraujoch to Eigergletscher, and a separate one from Alpiglen to Wengen. They can sell you that at any staffed station.

Enjoy your day trip!

julian1989
    Participant
    7 posts
    28 May 2017 at 11:06:15 #864031

Hi Arno,

Thanks for the information.

Best regards

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2017 at 12:18:06 #864032

Hi,

I have a question.

I will buy Swiss Travel Pass for my and my husband and one Travel Family Card for my daughter ( 15 years old ). I want to go to the Jungfraujoch and I want to know how much I have to pay extra for this trip ( for whole family ).

Thank you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2017 at 17:02:11 #864033

Hi Pisicaana,

You can find the prices for Jungfraujoch listed on our web page here (link at the bottom of the page). You will get 25% off the price when you buy a ticket from Grindelwald or Wengen to Jungfraujoch (trains up to those towns are covered 100% by the Swiss Travel Pass.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2017 at 11:18:37 #864034

Hi Lucas and Arno…so am I reading this correctly that you can buy a ticket on line or at a station to Jungfrau, but to reserve a seat from Kleine Scheidegg you have to do that at one of the nearby stations, not available on line (when I went to the link provided on MySwissAlps, it appeared so) ? And if we wish to travel Wengen – Kleine Scheidegg-Jungfrau-Kleine Scheidegg -Grindelwald, that particular flow you cannot buy on line since it is not roundtrip…but only in person at a station anywhere in Switzerland?

Thanks once again for you patience,

Oh Geologist

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 May 2017 at 0:48:23 #864035

Hi OH Geologist,

>> to reserve a seat from Kleine Scheidegg you have to do that at one of the nearby stations, not available on line

You can reserve online, but that commits you to a date and time which cannot be cancelled or changed in the case of unsuitable weather.

http://www.jungfrau.ch/shop/e n/bergbahn/reservation

>> if we wish to travel Wengen – Kleine Scheidegg-Jungfrau-Kleine Scheidegg -Grindelwald, that particular flow you cannot buy on line since it is not roundtrip…but only in person at a station anywhere in Switzerland?

You can buy this online as well. However, it is not refundable, and commits you to a date that cannot be changed, even if views from the Jungfraujoch are totally obscured by clouds.

http://www.jungfrau.ch/shop/e n/tickets/bergbahn/ang ebote/jungfraujoch-top-of-europe/jungfraujoch-ticket-anschlussticket-zum-ga-und-swisspass-ab-wengen-bis-grindelwaldneu

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 May 2017 at 10:12:51 #864036

Hi Alpenrose…Thanks very much for the links. I went up the Jungfrau in 1975..and it sure sounds like alot has changed. My husband has never been .

I am hoping that the day/night before, with weather reports of clear skies, we can make these transactions.

We have 4+ days in Lauterbrunen Valley (2 nights in Murren and 2 in Wengen) so we are hoping for clear skies a couple of days!

OhGeologist

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2017 at 2:45:46 #864037

>> I went up the Jungfrau in 1975..and it sure sounds like alot has changed. My husband has never been.

If you have any photos from your first visit, it would be interesting to take photos from the same vantage points this time and compare them!

>> I am hoping that the day/night before, with weather reports of clear skies, we can make these transactions.

If you buy online you would have to arrange for printing. It might be easier to buy them at Wengen station.

>> We have 4+ days in Lauterbrunen Valley (2 nights in Murren and 2 in Wengen) so we are hoping for clear skies a couple of days!

Yes, you should have a good chance of clear skies during that time! Good luck!

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Good Morning Ticket-Jungfraujoch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.