Gotthard Panorama Express – Question

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 January 2017 at 17:56:24 #858377

Hi Miguel,

Online tickets are not yet available for this train. Take a look here for information on buying tickets.
    Please note this train only operates on weekends in from April 14 to July 1 (then daily until Oct.22).

The one day travel pass only works in conjunction with a Swiss half-Fare Card – so it would cover the route just fine if you have the half-fare card as well.

Regards,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 January 2017 at 18:07:19 #858378

Thank you lucas for your reply.

Does this mean i can buy a ticket now, just cant buy it online? I have a friend living in switzerland could i ask him to buy a ticket for me?

What exactly is the name of the ticket i should ask him to buy (sorry but i am afraid that if i dont give him clear instructions he ends up buying something else).

Thanks,

Miguel

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 January 2017 at 18:28:58 #858379

Hi Miguel,

It shouldn’t be a problem buying the tickets now. Its the Gotthard Panorama Express, take a look at our information page to read up on the whole process and what is included (route etc). Part of the trip is by boat and then train. You can do both or just one. Up to you. 🙂

Cheers,
    Lucas

Arno
    15471 posts
    1 February 2017 at 11:47:45 #858380

Hi Miguel,

Seat reservations for the Gotthard Panorama Express are available online now: myswissalps.com/gottha rdpanoramaexpress/pack ages.

LeVoyageur
    Participant
    58 posts
    2 February 2017 at 1:14:34 #858381

I also want to reserve seats for the Gotthard Express. I have tried the link you provided but I didn’t see where to enter the departure station I want. I’m not quite sure if it is completely operational for this specific panoramic train. Thanks in advance for your help!

Arno
    15471 posts
    2 February 2017 at 17:37:54 #858382

Hi LeVoyageur,

You are right, they had a problem on their site. It’s fixed now, please see http://www.happyrail.com/en/p ass/europe/switzerland /panoramic-trains.

LeVoyageur
    Participant
    58 posts
    2 February 2017 at 18:30:55 #858383

Merci Arno!

One last question on this. Is it worthwhile to be in 1st class for this trip? I have noticed that the reservation fee is the same for both the 1st and 2nd class. We will have a Swiss Travel Pass Flex 2nd class and I have read on your site that it is possible to purchase an upgrade. I am wondering how and when to buy this upgrade? Of course I do realize that with this 1st class idea in mind, if I will have to buy a 1st class reservation but I’m wondering how the link will be made with the upgrade… Sorry if I’m confusing in my question!

Arno
    15471 posts
    2 February 2017 at 19:13:18 #858384

Hi LeVoyageur,

The upgrade to 1st class can be purchased at any time at a Swiss train station. Unlike the seat reservations, upgrades don’t sell out. In 1st class you’ll get panoramic windows. There are regular windows in 2nd class (exceptions may apply).

• The thread ‘Gotthard Panorama Express – Question’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.