Grindelwald hut hikes comparison

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2016 at 22:32:59 #809498

Hi There,

I’m visiting the Jungfrau region for the first time for my honeymoon and I’m wondering if anyone has any advice on which hut hikes are best in the Grindelwald region (Gleckstein vs. Bäregg vs. Schreckhorn). We are both strong hikers in our late 20’s and used to doing high alpine routes, but only have one day for huts in and around Grindelwald and wanted to get a sense of whether one is recommended over the other. I know the Schreckhorn is probably the most demanding and isolated, but wanted to get as much first-hand info as I can in order to plan.

Following this trip, we’ll be looking to hike back out via the Eiger Route to the Lauterbrunnen Valley where we’re looking to do a few days of huts in that area. If anyone has any words of advice or opinions on any of the following routes it would be greatly appreciated…thanks so much!!

1. Obersteinberg Loop from Stechelberg (or a trip up to Rottal Hut)

2. Murren to Rotstock Hut to Schilthorn

3. Murren to Rotstock Hut to Sefinafurgga to Gspaltenhorn Hut (and on to Hohturli Hut and eventually Kandersteg)

3. Isenfluh to Lobhorn Hut to Schwalmere (and either back down or off the back and up the Schilthorn)

• The thread ‘Grindelwald hut hikes comparison’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.