Grindelwald itenerary

• vikicork
    Participant
    44 posts
    29 April 2015 at 12:57:32 #807150

Scheduled to spend 4 days in Grindelwald in mid June

but the first day we reach there will be at around 4 pm and not much to do that day except perhaps go to the Glacier gorge near Gletscherschlucht or take the cable car to Pfingstegg which is open till 5.15 pm and hike down to the Wetterhorn but the concern there is missing the last bus from the Wetterhorn hotel to Grindelwald at 7 pm .also that hike is often closed due to falling rocks apparently .

so Im wondering instead of that is to spend one night in Interlaken near the Ost station and do the Brienz cruise and Harder Kulm and walk along the Aare river to Unterseen and then go to Grindelwald the next morning ,drop our bags off at hotel and come back at the end of the day to check in .

i checked the timings on sbb (great site btw ) and it dosent work out to go first to Grindelwald and then back to Interlaken and then back to Grindewald on the first day .

we will be doing the round trip anyway on one of the following days from Grindelwald -First -Grosse Scheidegg hike -bus to Reichenbach falls from Grosse Scheidegg -Aare gorge and then back by train from Meiringen (and can do the lake Brienz cruise from Brienz to Interlaken and Harder Kulm on that day )but that might be too much to do in one day

so what im asking if one can follow all that is what would be the better option ,go straight to Grindelwald and do Brienz and Harder Kulm with the Meiringen round trip or stop in Interlaken the first day .Not sure if anyone can answer this but me but your opinion would be most welcome .Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    30 April 2015 at 7:37:05 #842788

Hi vikicork,

Welcome back, good to see you planning your next trip! My personal preference would not be a night in Interlaken, but go straight to Grindelwald. Checking in and out of hotels and packing/unpacking takes quite some time you’d better spend sightseeing or traveling around. But that’s what I think; it’s a personal decision. Another option is to just have a break in Interlaken on day 1: store your luggage at the Interlaken Ost station, visit Harder Kulm, then go to Grindelwald. That makes your Meiringen day a bit less hectic, without the need to change hotels.

Hotels can be found on myswissalps.com/ interlaken/hotels and myswissalps.com/ grindelwald/hotels.

• The thread ‘Grindelwald itenerary’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.