Grindewald to Meiringen

• vikicork
    Participant
    44 posts
    20 March 2015 at 13:00:37 #806999

I am in BO again for 4 days this summer .this time in Grindelwald .

and on one of the days I was initially thinking of just going to Harder Kulm and then taking the boat to Brienz and also seeing Geissbach falls .

But now i am wondering about doing the Grosse Scheidegg round trip

carrying on then from Brienz to Meiringen ,seeing Aare Gorge and Reichenbach falls and then taking the post bus via Rosenlaui glacier back to Grindelwald .

I can also do this in the reverse direction .

it will be from June 10-14 so on one of those days

questions about this

1) I know its do-able but anything else you would advise to see or not see .

2) with the BO pass ,I believe that most of the route is covered but theres a half price rate from Grindelwald to Schwarzwaldalp.is that correct?

Thanks

Vik

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    21 March 2015 at 13:09:58 #842090

Hi Vik,

Good to see you started planning for Switzerland again!

1) It makes a wonderful day trip. If you have time left and the weather is good, you could get off the bus in Grosse Scheidegg, walk to First and take the gondola down to Grindelwald. But be sure to reach First in time for the last descend of the gondolas.

2) That’s correct. You can find the map of what’s covered here.

vikicork
    Participant
    44 posts
    21 March 2015 at 13:37:19 #842091

Thanks Annika

I did consider that but Im not sure if the hike near First will be open around that time

btw do you know if the Ballenberg museum is covered with the BO pass or just the Swiss pass .I cant find that info anywhere .

Annika
    7116 posts
    21 March 2015 at 14:17:44 #842092

Hi Vik,

I expect the trail to be open, but you can only be sure once you’re there. The museum in Ballenberg is free with a Swiss Travel Pass and 25% discounted with the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland. You can click the link on our pass detail page to find such information.

• The thread ‘Grindewald to Meiringen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.