Grütschalp to Mürren hike enquiry

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 July 2016 at 14:25:56 #809686

Hey guys, I’m planning for a short hike from Grütschalp to Mürren; this is my very first hike and a lot of things are new to me, so I’m gonna ask some very novice questions here.

1. first off, what is an itinerary and do I need to have one? (& how do I get one online)

2. also, are there guided trips? (would appreciate a link to the scheduled times if there are)

thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 July 2016 at 22:01:14 #854201

Grütsalp to Mürren is one of the most easy walks in the Bernese Oberland. There are no guided tours for this walk. On the end of the train platform Station Grütsalp the walk begins and through Winteregg you walk to Mürren. The walk is complet flat. The vieuws are beatiful on the mountains.

greeting Brahms

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 July 2016 at 0:05:42 #854202

Thanks Brahms that was really helpful.

It should make a great first walk 🙂

Any other “easy” recommended walks in lauterbrunnen would be appreciated. (Good mountains/lake views are my #1 priority)

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 July 2016 at 9:06:26 #854203

Easy walks in Bernese Oberland are:

1. Mannlichen to Kleine Scheidegg
    2. Kleine Scheidegg to Wengernalp
    3. Kleine Scheidegg to Alpiglen
    4. Allmendhubel to Murren to Gimmelwald
    5. Spiez to Faulensee (Thunersee)
    6. First to Bachalpsee
    7. Böningen to Iseltwald (Brienzersee)
    8. First to Bort (cablecar station)
    9. Pfingstegg to Bäregg
    10. Pfingstegg to Milchbach to hotel Wetterhorn (bus to Grindelwald)
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 July 2016 at 11:32:58 #854204

Appreciate it Brahms. Thanks again!

Vlasta
    Participant
    58 posts
    19 July 2016 at 1:44:35 #854205

Do spend time on the mountainside in Murren, and walk down to Gimmelwald, not far, easy, possibly have lunch on the patio of the Pension there. Delicious food, great views. You can also hike all the way down to Stechleberg, but I don’t know what difficulty is of that leg. From there you could walk or take the post bus to Lauterbrunnen.

darrell
    Participant
    38 posts
    19 July 2016 at 13:36:41 #854206

It really is more of a walk than a hike-but Murren is a reward! If you would like to check out guided hikes offered check at the TI in Lauterbrunnen and at TI(Tourist info)

• The thread ‘Grütschalp to Mürren hike enquiry’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.