Grütschalp to Mürren hike enquiry

Grütschalp to Mürren hike enquiry

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Wassim
Wassim
11 posts
Jul 15, 2016 - 2:25 PM

Hey guys, I'm planning for a short hike from Grütschalp to Mürren; this is my very first hike and a lot of things are new to me, so I'm gonna ask some very novice questions here.

1. first off, what is an itinerary and do I need to have one? (& how do I get one online)

2. also, are there guided trips? (would appreciate a link to the scheduled times if there are)

thanks in advance

Brahms
Brahms
211 posts
Jul 15, 2016 - 10:01 PM

Grütsalp to Mürren is one of the most easy walks in the Bernese Oberland. There are no guided tours for this walk. On the end of the train platform Station Grütsalp the walk begins and through Winteregg you walk to Mürren. The walk is complet flat. The vieuws are beatiful on the mountains.

greeting Brahms

Wassim
Wassim
11 posts
Jul 16, 2016 - 12:05 AM in reply to Brahms

Thanks Brahms that was really helpful.

It should make a great first walk :-)

Any other "easy" recommended walks in lauterbrunnen would be appreciated. (Good mountains/lake views are my #1 priority)

Brahms
Brahms
211 posts
Jul 16, 2016 - 9:06 AM

Easy walks in Bernese Oberland are:

1. Mannlichen to Kleine Scheidegg
  2. Kleine Scheidegg to Wengernalp
  3. Kleine Scheidegg to Alpiglen
  4. Allmendhubel to Murren to Gimmelwald
  5. Spiez to Faulensee (Thunersee)
  6. First to Bachalpsee
  7. Böningen to Iseltwald (Brienzersee)
  8. First to Bort (cablecar station)
  9. Pfingstegg to Bäregg
  10. Pfingstegg to Milchbach to hotel Wetterhorn (bus to Grindelwald)
Wassim
Wassim
11 posts
Jul 16, 2016 - 11:32 AM

Appreciate it Brahms. Thanks again!

Vlasta
Vlasta
49 posts
Jul 19, 2016 - 1:44 AM in reply to Wassim

Do spend time on the mountainside in Murren, and walk down to Gimmelwald, not far, easy, possibly have lunch on the patio of the Pension there. Delicious food, great views. You can also hike all the way down to Stechleberg, but I don't know what difficulty is of that leg. From there you could walk or take the post bus to Lauterbrunnen.

darrell
darrell
29 posts
Jul 19, 2016 - 1:36 PM in reply to Wassim

It really is more of a walk than a hike-but Murren is a reward! If you would like to check out guided hikes offered check at the TI in Lauterbrunnen and at TI(Tourist info)

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016