Gruyère area

Gruyère area

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
mikefrank
mikefrank
15 posts
Apr 20, 2014 - 1:38 AM

Can you tell me if we would be able to tour the Castle, Cheese and Chocolate factories in Gruyère area in the same day? We would be traveling from Luzern. I'm looking at the travel guide, but I'm not 100% sure how we reach them, do we travel by train all the way? Is the Castle and factories close by, or do we have to take a bus/train to it's location?

Thank you.

Arno
Arno
7328 posts
expert &
Apr 20, 2014 - 7:41 AM in reply to mikefrank

Hi mikefrank,

You can do it all by train. The station names are Gruyères and Broc-Fabrique. It has recently been discussed here. It is quite a long trip from Luzern though: 2.5 to 3 hours one way, so you're looking at a very long day if you want to visit all three sites. See the timetable for details.

Last modified on Apr 20, 2014 - 7:43 AM by Arno

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016