Gstaad & Montreux from Murren via Golden Pass

• shamik
    Participant
    19 posts
    28 June 2016 at 6:43:03 #809554

Hi,

We will be staying in Murren during the last week of September 2016 for 4 nights. We want to utilize one day to go to Gstaad and Montreux. I understand we can take the Golden Pass railway from Zweissimmen.

My queries are:

1. Is reserving our seat absolutely necessary during that time of the year?

2. Can we take a local (not Golden Pass) train from Zweissimmen to Gstaad (I guess 30 mts only) and then take the Golden Pass from Gstaad to Montreux ( 1.5 hours )? Is reservation necessary in this leg?

3. Is the whole trip (Murren – Zweissimmen- Gstaad (stop for 2 hours)- Montreux (stop for 2 hours) and back to Murren doable in one day assuming we start early?

Thanks in advance.

shamik

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    29 June 2016 at 6:04:57 #853559

Welcome to MySwissAlps, Shamik!

The Golden Pass line already starts in Interlaken, but the highlight is indeed Zweisimmen to Montreux. You’ll find all details and a map here: http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass.

1. No, you don’t need to reserve seats: http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass/tickets.

2. You can take any train you want. All trains follow the same route.

3. Yes, it is. Please see the timetable for train schedules.

Enjoy the ride!

shamik
    Participant
    19 posts
    29 June 2016 at 6:10:18 #853560

Hi Annika,

Thanks for you reply. It answers all my queries. Looking forward to the trip!

Regards

Shamik

• The thread ‘Gstaad & Montreux from Murren via Golden Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.