Guidance for my trip to Switzerland

Guidance for my trip to Switzerland

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Rajesh
Rajesh
3 posts
Mar 15, 2014 - 12:24 PM

I have planned a 8 day trip.

day 1

land in zurich

visit Rhine falls

Go to chur.

Day 2

Bernina express to and fro from Chur.

go to Zurich at night.

Day 3

Zurich to lucerne

Do local sightseeing

Day 4

Mt pilatus

Day 5

Mt titlis

go to wengen

day 6

murren, lauterbrunnen valley,trummelbach falls

day 7

Jungfrou

day 8

zurich

back to dubai

please suggest if this itinerary is fine.

Annika
Annika
4355 posts
expert &
Mar 15, 2014 - 6:11 PM

Hello Rajesh, welcome to MySwissAlps,

I would not travel to Zurich on day 2, but go straight from Chur to Lucerne. That will save time. Other than that your plans look fine to me. I am not sure when you will be going to Switzerland, but the Trummelbach Falls open early April and the Pilatus cogwheel train in May, depending on the weather.

An 8-day Swiss Pass is a good rail pass for your trip. Hotel suggestions can be found here.

Please note that you posted to the ‘Switzerland trip reports’ forum, which is for reports about completed trips only. So I moved it to the ‘Switzerland miscellaneous’ forum. However, feel free to post your trip report once you've returned from the Swiss Alps. Other travelers will enjoy reading it, and you may win a hotel gift card.

Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 12:53 PM by Arno

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016