Half fare card and Golden Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 June 2012 at 6:27:58 #805397

I have read this very helpful forum and think the the Half Fare Card will be the best for me when I spend 6 days in Montreux in October before a conference in Vevey. I would like to do mainly local trips – Rochers de Naye, Lausanne, Gruyeres – but also the Golden Pass trip to Interlaken. Can you confirm that this is the way to go, and also that the Golden Pass is included? It is not mentioned in the list I read. Would the Panoramic train be also half fare? hanks in anticipation.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    25 June 2012 at 3:05:43 #836518

Hello Oztraveller, and welcome to the forum! Yes, if you’ll be doing local trips mainly, the Swiss Half Fare Card is a good option. The Golden Pass trip will be discounted by 50% too. You can check this by reviewing the downloadable validity map at the Swiss Half Fare Card page. You do need separate seat reservations if you want to travel in a scenic Golden Pass train.

Just one other question: will you be traveling by yourself or with someone else? If you’re traveling with 2 or more people, I think you should look into the attractive 2 for 1 offer on the 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass instead.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2012 at 3:48:27 #836519

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply; that confirms what I thought. I was working on my iPad and couldn’t open the Adobe, so now I am on the laptop I can. Yes,I am travelling by myself (first time ever) because I am attending a conference. So it is a novelty for me to be planning my travel by myself for the first week. Otherwise the 2 for 1 would be very attractive.

• The thread ‘Half fare card and Golden Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.