Swiss Half Fare Card or standard tickets?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2017 at 9:02:49 #812026

Hi all,

I’m planning on doing the “Tour of the Jungfrau Region” long distance trek over 10 days, starting at the end of June. I’ll be flying into Zurich and catching the train to Wilderswil (near Interlaken), and returning from Wilderswil to Geneva Airport at the end of the trip (the flights were just more convenient to come into Zurich and out of Geneva). I’ll be taking the cog railway from Wilderswil to Schynige Platte (one way) and hopefully also making the trip up to Jungfraujoch.

I’m weighing up the pros and cons of buying the half-fare pass or just buying tickets as I go. As far as I can make out, if I don’t do the Jungfraujoch trip the half-fare card will work out more expensive than full fares, if there’s a 25% discount on the Jungfraujoch it will just about break even and if there’s a 50% discount on the Jungfraujoch it’ll be cheaper overall to buy the half-fare pass. Does this sound about right or am I missing something?#

Also, does the half-fare pass also give discounts on cable-cars if I need to use one at any stage?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

• The thread ‘Swiss Half Fare Card or standard tickets?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.