Has anyone stayed in Hotel Eurotel Montreux?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 February 2020 at 23:14:04 #825305

There seems to be quite a range of comments regarding the condition of the Eurotel Hotel in Montreux. I believe the hotel has been renovated recently, or ongoing.

Has anyone been there recently to know the state of the rooms and common areas? There are comments that the rooms and the photos on the website don’t match.

Im also looking at the Marriott Grand Swisse. Thoughts on choice between the two?

Many thanks….B

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6274 posts
    22 February 2020 at 7:41:20 #930615

Hi Bmanners1,

Afraid I don’t have the answer for that. Hopefully someone from the forum could provide some insights.

If you’re still looking for accommodation in Montreux, this link might help: http://www.myswissalps.com/montreux/hotels

Regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 February 2020 at 9:16:38 #930616

Hi Bmanners1

I stayed in Grand Hotel Suisse Majestic in Montreux during our last visit in December 2019. I chose Grand Hotel over Eurotel because of the location as it was very near to the train station, whereas Eurotel Hotel is a distance walk from the train and if you are travelling with luggage, it’s quite inconvenient. In addition, the breakfast room in Grand Hotel has an excellent view. We did not regret our choice.

Hope this will help.

Regards

Vanessa

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 February 2020 at 12:32:57 #930617

Thank you, Vanessa.

Did you have a room facing the lake? I’ve read the rooms facing the city could have train noise.

Did you do any day trips from Montreux? We will be coming in on the Golden Pass train. We thought maybe Gruyere or the wine region.

Many thanks….B

Rels
    Participant
    139 posts
    23 February 2020 at 7:15:21 #930618

Hi B,

We stayed at the Eurotel for a few nights in early June last year. Had a room on a high floor, with amazing views, and a little balcony. The room was fine, smallish, the bathroom was a bit tired. The breakfast buffet was amazing, again with gorgeous views, right on the lake. It’s not that far from the station, there’s a lift you can take down to the lakeside, where the Eurotel is located. For what we did around Montreux, here’s the link to my trip report http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/trip-report-day-15-21-locarno-to-montreux

Have a great trip,

Narelle

• The thread ‘Has anyone stayed in Hotel Eurotel Montreux?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.