Health pass required for trip to Switzerland?

• TravelElla
    Participant
    73 posts
    4 July 2022 at 6:58:44 #827682

Good day MSA Forum Members

I have read last night the following:

“Health Pass is required for long distance travelling by plane, train, bus as well as in some public places”.

This info is on the Omio traintickets site if you want to check the entry rules of your country.

I am from South Africa and we are travelling to Switzerland late August until mid September.

I am aware of the fact that there are no more restrictions for entry into Switzerland, but this Health Pass is now something that I do not have info about.

We are fully vaccinated and are going to get our Booster shots next week.

Please advise if we do need a Health Pass. If so, where do we get this Pass?

Thanks

TravelElla

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6279 posts
    4 July 2022 at 16:17:31 #943941

Hi TravelElla,

All pandemic-related restrictions to enter Switzerland have been lifted since April 2022: http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/does-the-corona-virus-affect-trips-to-switzerland. You don’t need a health pass or proof of vaccination for entering the country. But some airlines may still have restrictions so be sure to check with your airline.

Normal entry requirements apply. You can check this link for clarification: http://www.myswissalps.com/visa

Regards,

Anna

TravelElla
    Participant
    73 posts
    4 July 2022 at 20:47:03 #943942

Hello Anna

Thank you so much for the confirmation that we do not need a Health Pass while travelling in Switzerland.

Looking forward to our first Swiss trip and to see beautiful Switzerland 🙂

Greetings

TravelElla

• The thread ‘Health pass required for trip to Switzerland?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.