Heidelberg to Schaffhausen by Train?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2013 at 8:29:35 #806051

Hello All,

We are looking to travel from Heidelberg Germany to Schaffhausen by train and have following questions:

I am planning to get Swiss pass for my Switzerland travel.

Where could I buy Swiss pass before coming to Schaffhausen (if I want to buy Swiss pass in Switzerland)?

Can German rail station in Heidelberg allow me to purchase Swiss pass?

What are my other options if any?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    16 June 2013 at 10:51:15 #838887

Hi desaeu,

Schaffhausen is quite close to the border and for most trains, it’s the first stop in Switzerland. There won’t be an option to get the pass prior to that, other than buying online. As far as I know German rail stations do not sell Swiss rail passes. The easiest way is to get it either in Schaffhausen or online. Online is most probably cheaper for you as you can pay in USD (so no exchange rates, bank fees) and there are no shipping costs either. Also there is a new Swiss Pass promotion (online only) you may want to look into. Details are here.

I hope this answers your question!

• The thread ‘Heidelberg to Schaffhausen by Train?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.