Help for bernia express

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 February 2012 at 1:28:32 #804944

hi,

i will be arriving to zurich for 2 days in june and then would like to take the bernia express from chur in the first early moring train to tirano and go upto lugano and stay there in lugano for the evening and next day travel to lucerne .

my question is ,is this Itinerary workable and is there good hotels and any good places to see in lugano .

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Regards,

dj

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    26 February 2012 at 5:51:12 #834955

Hi dj,

It’s a tight schedule but it can be done. You best consult the timetable to see your options exactly. I would advice to stay in Chur the first night as the Bernina Express departs quite early (8h32).

Hotels, city maps and sightseeing suggestions can be found on these pages about Lugano and Lucerne.

Does this help?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 February 2012 at 11:01:39 #834956

Arno,
    thanks for the reply.
    my friend is staying in zurich and have to stay in zurich,so only option is to take the early train from zurich to chur and take either bernia express to tirano or local train and from there bus to lugano.
    Is local train as fast as bernia express to reach tirano and do they use the same scenic route.is there any option to travel from tirano to lugano other than the bus,incase if we miss the bus and we cannot get reservation on the bus.
    again,thanks in advance for the feedback.
    Regards,
    Dj.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 February 2012 at 12:33:27 #834957

Arno,
    adding to this pls help in choosing between swiss pass or swiss flexi pass ,as i will be in swiss for 8 days and is confused between the two.
    again is these both passes covered for bernia express and golden panorama express excl the reservation fee.
    Regards,
    Dj

Arno
    15484 posts
    26 February 2012 at 15:22:21 #834958

Hi dj,

The local trains from Chur to Tirano use the same route, so your view will be identical. You can best check the timetable to see your options in detail.

The Swiss Pass and Swiss Flexi Pass cover the same routes and trains. A Swiss Pass would be best if you travel a lot (nearly every day). The Swiss Flexi Pass would be best if you travel for e.g. 4 days during your stay, and only do short or no trips in between those days. Just follow the links for all details about the passes, FAQ’s and purchase options.

• The thread ‘Help for bernia express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.