Help for combining 4 hikes from Murren

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2016 at 13:35:40 #809194

Hello,

I am interested in doing the following hikes and slightly confused about the routes, due to varying information on the web.

1. Bluemental Panaroma Trail

2. Flower Trail,

3. North Face Trail, and

4. Mountain View Trail

schilthorn.ch/en/Angeb ot/Schilthorn/Summer/H ikingtrails

Considering the relatively short duration and the nature of the hikes, which as I have read, are not too strenuous, is it possible to combine all 4 in one day? If so, appreciate suggestions for a route from Murren, which would enable me to do all 4 hikes.

Many thanks in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2016 at 20:01:58 #852011

Hallo again,

As you can see all the hikes started on Allmendhubel. You can do all 4in one day, but they are in the same area, above Murren. Murren to Allmendhubel is an Cable Car.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2016 at 9:57:23 #852012

Hello again,

Thank you for the information.

Appreciate if you can please let me know whether the below information is correct.

Blumental-Panorama Trail

Above the Schilthorn cablecar station in Mürren, go over the Mürrenbach bridge, up to the right over the Children’s-Adventure Trail to Suppenalp restaurant and continue via Blumental to Allmendhubel.

Northface Trail

Allmendhubel > take the main trail to the left and follow well-marked signs to the North Face Trail > End in Murren

I found that I can do the Mountain View Trail, starting from Grütschalp and ending in Allmendhube. But that would mean, I would be going to Allmendhube twice. So, I will most probably not to that hike. Would you have any suggestions for how I can include the Mountain View hike too?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2016 at 21:38:39 #852013

For the Mountain View hike you must twice to Allmendhubel. The Mountain Vieuw hike is not starting in Grütsalp, but on Allmendhubel, you walk downhill, see:

Mountain-View Trail
    Allmendhubel – Dorenhubel – Grütschalp (ca. 1 h 30 min.)
    From Allmendhubel go up to Höhelücke, go down on the right towards Maulerhubel, pass behind to the Dorenhubel to Pletschalp. Go down to the right towards Rinderhütte and return via the meadows and forest to Grütschalp station.
    Splendid view of Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau.

You walk in the same area,with view on the same mountains: Eiger Mönch and Jungfrau and the Wengen area. You can also walk: Allmendhubel > Grütsalp > Winteregg > Mürren

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2016 at 1:21:33 #852015

I got the information about the alternative route to the Mountain View trail from a website. Will need to double check the accuracy.

Please let me know if the blue mental panaroma trail route is correct.

Thank you for your time.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2016 at 1:23:47 #852016

Thank you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2016 at 9:55:06 #852017

Blue Mental Panorama trail ? I think you mean:

Blumenthal-Panorama Trail

Allmendhubel – Suppenalp – Mürren (approx. 1 h)
    Above the Schilthorn cablecar station in Mürren, go over the Mürrenbach bridge, up to the right over den Children’s-Adventure Trail to Suppenalp restaurant and continue via Blumental to Allmendhubel.

The Schilthorn cable car station is on the other site off the small vilage Mürren then the Railwaystation Mürren. You walk uphill to Allmendhubel. Then it is possible to walk from Allmendhubel the Mountain View Trail to Grütschalp, then walk to Wintegg and back to Mürren.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2016 at 10:08:59 #852018

Sorry, yes it is Blumenthal. Changes to ‘Mental’ when I type!

Thank you very much for your help.

• The thread ‘Help for combining 4 hikes from Murren’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.