Help in Planning

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2014 at 11:10:47 #806340

Hello,

I need some help and guidance in planning my trip. This will be my fist trip to Switzerland. We are two friends (Male) doing this trip as below:

20 May afternoon Land Geveva by Air on. Thinking to spend half day and stay over night in Geneva and next morning 21 May move to Montreux. Or else directly go too Montreux from Airport and spend 2 nights there.

22-23 Hotel booked in wegen

26- Flying Out of Zurich

We both are into scenery but also look forward to have good night life experience in our trip.

Please feel free to add and recomend.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    5 May 2014 at 8:14:39 #839861

Hi adilbws,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Assuming you mean Wengen, you have a good mix between night life (Geneva, Montreux) and nature/quietness (Wengen). You will find further tips on our Montreux page and Jungfrau region page. You should definitely do some hiking, but be aware that the higher trails can be in accessible due to snow. The local tourist office can tell you which ones are closed. Also be sure to get a rail pass of some sort (e.g. Swiss Half Fare Card) to save money on trains and especially mountain transport.

You can take the Golden Pass route from Interlaken via Lucerne to Zurich. If you need an airport hotel in Zurich, please look here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2014 at 12:29:57 #839862

Thanks Arno.

Yes I meant Wengen. But I heard its too quite in evening. How does Grindewald sounds when it comes to night life in that region. We can alway visit Wengen in day time from there.

kim11
    Participant
    604 posts
    5 May 2014 at 17:07:58 #839863

Two fellows looking for nightlife won’t find it in Wengen.

Grindelwald will have some. Probably the most will be in Interlaken, but Interlaken is quite touristy. However, that may be your best opportunity for night life.

• The thread ‘Help in Planning’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.