Help in Planning

Help in Planning

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
adilbws
adilbws
2 posts
May 4, 2014 - 11:10 AM

Hello,

I need some help and guidance in planning my trip. This will be my fist trip to Switzerland. We are two friends (Male) doing this trip as below:

20 May afternoon Land Geveva by Air on. Thinking to spend half day and stay over night in Geneva and next morning 21 May move to Montreux. Or else directly go too Montreux from Airport and spend 2 nights there.

22-23 Hotel booked in wegen

26- Flying Out of Zurich

We both are into scenery but also look forward to have good night life experience in our trip.

Please feel free to add and recomend.

Arno
Arno
7728 posts
expert &
May 5, 2014 - 8:14 AM

Hi adilbws,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Assuming you mean Wengen, you have a good mix between night life (Geneva, Montreux) and nature/quietness (Wengen). You will find further tips on our Montreux page and Jungfrau region page. You should definitely do some hiking, but be aware that the higher trails can be in accessible due to snow. The local tourist office can tell you which ones are closed. Also be sure to get a rail pass of some sort (e.g. Swiss Half Fare Card) to save money on trains and especially mountain transport.

You can take the Golden Pass route from Interlaken via Lucerne to Zurich. If you need an airport hotel in Zurich, please look here.

Last modified on May 5, 2014 - 8:17 AM by Arno
adilbws
adilbws
2 posts
May 5, 2014 - 12:29 PM

Thanks Arno.

Yes I meant Wengen. But I heard its too quite in evening. How does Grindewald sounds when it comes to night life in that region. We can alway visit Wengen in day time from there.

kim11
kim11
322 posts
top member
May 5, 2014 - 5:07 PM in reply to adilbws

Two fellows looking for nightlife won't find it in Wengen.

Grindelwald will have some. Probably the most will be in Interlaken, but Interlaken is quite touristy. However, that may be your best opportunity for night life.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016