HELP JUNGFRAU TRIP URGENT!

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 November 2011 at 14:31:59 #804774

I am so confused with the trip to the top of Jungfrau. We are a family of 5 (kids 4,12,14) and we are now in interlaken and wish to take the trip to top of jungfrau but at a budget. We drove and thought of starting the trip from lauterbrunnen (2 way). Should we buy the swiss half fare (but only for this excursion, as we will just be walking trails for another day here in switzerland)? What is the cheapest way to go up there one way? we can also hike some parts of it, but remember that we have a 4 year old. thanks so much

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 November 2011 at 2:31:50 #834472

Hi abelina,

If you haven’t planned any other trips, I would recommend to start and end the trip in Lauterbrunnen and look into the Good Morning/Good Afternoon Tickets as discussed here. Add two Junior Cards to have the children travel along for free. This is the cheapest way I think. I would advice to verify that at the station since you’re there. By the way, boarding the train in Interlaken would just be a bit more expensive if you take the parking fees in Lauterbrunnen into account.

Please let us now how it turned out. Enjoy the ride!

• The thread ‘HELP JUNGFRAU TRIP URGENT!’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.