HELP JUNGFRAU TRIP URGENT!

HELP JUNGFRAU TRIP URGENT!

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
abelina
abelina
3 posts
Nov 15, 2011 - 3:31 PM
I am so confused with the trip to the top of Jungfrau. We are a family of 5 (kids 4,12,14) and we are now in interlaken and wish to take the trip to top of jungfrau but at a budget. We drove and thought of starting the trip from lauterbrunnen (2 way). Should we buy the swiss half fare (but only for this excursion, as we will just be walking trails for another day here in switzerland)? What is the cheapest way to go up there one way? we can also hike some parts of it, but remember that we have a 4 year old. thanks so much
Arno
Arno
7339 posts
expert &
Nov 16, 2011 - 2:31 AM
Hi abelina,

If you haven't planned any other trips, I would recommend to start and end the trip in Lauterbrunnen and look into the Good Morning/Good Afternoon Tickets as discussed here. Add two Junior Cards to have the children travel along for free. This is the cheapest way I think. I would advice to verify that at the station since you're there. By the way, boarding the train in Interlaken would just be a bit more expensive if you take the parking fees in Lauterbrunnen into account.

Please let us now how it turned out. Enjoy the ride!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016